AT&T Uverse / reward not received

1 Findlay, OH, United States Review updated:

I signed up for AT&T Uverse for my home in January. While the service is fine, the $200 cash back promised when I signed up was never received. Apparently that is handled through their rewards center. Supposedly they sent a letter out after I ordered my service, which was installed Jan. 18, saying I should go to the online rewards center to receive my $200. When I signed up I had to keep the U200 package for 2 months before I could received the reward. But the reward, however, expired at the end of January. Does that make any sense to you? I checked the rewards center and under the "expired/disqualified rewards" tab, I have no rewards listed. That doesn't make sense to me either.
Like I said the service is fine, but when you sign up don't count receiving any cash back.

Me

Comments

• Me
      22nd of May, 2009

After I posted this I was still miffed so I called the rewards center number- 877-258-1427- for the third time and asked for a supervisor. As a "one-time courtesy" they were able to issue my $200 check. We will see if it turns up.

• At
      6th of Jun, 2009

AT&T did the same thing to me. I never received the original letter that they talked about unless I missed it through the 5 tons of promotional mail. I called their center and they told me that I had to claim my rewards so we went to the rewards center and there is nothing there at all. They put me through to the rewards center and they tell me that they have authorized it and sent out 2 separate cheks for $100 each. Today I get a letter in the mail saying that I did not met the qualifications... That is not anything like the original sales rep explained. In fact the original sales rep said a check would come out automatically because after working with AT&T in the past I knew they are pretty shady. So I went back into the rewards center and there is still no listing for expired or unqualified claims. This is a total scam.

• Pm
      2nd of Jul, 2009

I was told 2/2 or 2/3 that I would get a $100 Visa gift card within 30 days of installation which was 3/16. I called on 4/17 and was told I would receive in 4-6 weeks; called 6/2 and told "just approved yesterday" - today I got a card saying "records indicate I did not purchase all services required to qualify" - so I called and the woman in Rewart Dept. was quite rude, telling me I don't have an account. Ends up my account number was wrong in Reward records! Told it would be mailed on 7/13 - but we'll see!

• Da
      11th of Aug, 2014

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME .. THEY ARE [censored]S AREN'T THEY ?