ATT Uverse / billing

Foster City, CA, United States Review updated:

Tried uverse for less than 24 hours. Called to have service terminated and was told that the account could not be closed since my phone had been ported to uverse and I needed to wait until it was ported back to att landland. That happened 10 days later. Called back to att to terminate my contract with uverse and get confirmation number required to return equipment. Returned all equipment that same day. Called back to make final payment (Owed for installation charges - those were legitimate). Told that couldn't make final payment until I received final paper bill. Got another bill for normal service - not the final bill so I called again. Told that I never cancelled my account so I owed for entire first months charges plus a prorated portion of the second month's service.

These folks did nothing more than string me along until I exceeded my 30 day free rescission policy.

Do not agree to converting your phone to uverse until you are sure you like the internet and/or tv service - - which by the way is not as good as direct tv.

I paid the bill because I knew that if I didn't my credit would be affected. I will disconnect all of my att services including land line and my wife's wireless as soon as possible.

Ge
Mar 21, 2014

Comments

• Wi
      21st of Mar, 2014

I had a similar issue. After five attempts and 9 months of trying to correct the problem I filed complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Their only choice was to fix the issue or keep the complaint!