AT&T U - Verse / bad service

AT&T U-verse
San Antonio
On 12-3-08 a U-verse tech came to install internet, cable, and home phone service. At first we told him we may not need the phone service and would use our cells. While he was installing I told him I did indeed need the home phone as our ATT cell service was horrible inside our home. Being that my son is dependent on oxygen(at times) and needs breathing treatments, I have to have reliable access to 911 service.

The tech said, "no problem". He told my husband he would be back later that day by 8pm to get the phone service running. He left the welcome packs and instructions for all services including phone. The install tech provided his cell number to call him if we had any questions. The tech never returned on the 3rd. We called the tech numerous times on the 4th to find out when he was going to return. By 2pm on the 4th, no call back from the tech so we call the main ATT. We are told by ATT Customer Service to keep checking our phone line as the service would be up anytime within 72 hours from when install tech left. ATT even told us our lines were tested and were fine from their end. On 12-5-08, I had to take my son to a doctor appointment at 11:30. Upon returning home a notice was on the door stating access could be granted to backyard and to call ATT to reschedule. I was livid as we were not told anyone needed to come out nor would they need access to hook up phone. We were told to keep checking our phone for service. We immediately call ATT and get transferred several times. The total time on our cell with ATT 64:57. This after being hung up on and having to begin the process all over. We are finally given a person who states it was to late for a tech to come out same day(12-5-08). We ask for a supervisor hoping they can understand what all we have gone through and the urgency on a land line phone. We are told by a floor supervisor it would be Monday 12-8-08 between 8-8 for a tech to be at our home. I had my husband take off work another day to relieve my mother around 1pm at my house. Still by 5pm 12-8, no ATT technician or phone call. 12-9-08 at 8:45am I call ATT very upset explaining what all has transpired. No show from ATT twice and no return call back from their technician. This time it takes over 80 minutes to get to someone who can help me after numerous transfers. I am told by one rep that it would be today(12-9-08) by 8pm a technician would be out. I then get a call back on my cell and a message saying 12-29-08 is the soonest they can come back out. Now we are without reliable phone service if my son would need emergency services. All this due to the first install technician. Even worse, ATT cut my existing Time Warner lines, so I cannot even use my Time Warner phone until ATT some day gets back out to my home. I am now stuck paying for Time Warner which I cannot use, plus ATT. I was told not to disconnect Time Warner until ATT was installed. I do not know where to turn and ATT is simply no help and not very eager to assist. I would never recommend ATT at this point. I am worried for my son that I will not ever know when exactly a phone will be hooked up. This is what I get for trying to save some money. I heard from various people how ATT beat TWC. I do not see it. I am really thinking about cutting 4 cells and shipping this stuff back myself. I cannot find anyone in upper management to assist. When I ask...I have been told no one is available. I will update when ever I get some solution. Thanks for a place to worry and vent publicly.

A  1st of Aug, 2009 by
at&t and their contractors are liars pure and simple. they've been tossed out of this home never to return. if it were possible i would have taken all the equipment and run it over with the neighbors' hummer, but at&t will charge for that.

AT&T Logo AT&T