AT&T / porting numbers

1 Cedar City, UT, United States

I wanted to get rid of my voip phone due to reception problems. I wanted to port that number to Replace my ATT cell number. I was told it wouldbe switched on a Friday so I discontinued the voip phone, followed their tech instructions on how to disconnect their equipment. I called and was told a sim card was on the way, three days max. Well, the SIM card never came, then I spoke to someone probably in the Philippines, whose accent I could not understand and had to ask her to repeat words many times. Days later, I spoke to someonr else who said I would have to have my voip number reinstated to prove that it was my number.Couldnt the internet company verify that I was a customer for years? Finally, I gave up and retained my cell number. Wouldn't it be simpler to email a check list of what you have to do and when you have to do it, without spending HOURS on hold, and having to tell your story to multiple people? I finally got so exasperated that I yelled "Its a good thing you people do not do brain surgery!"and hung up!BTW, they made me pay the balance of the monthly payments on my new IPhone 6S to the tune of $584! That was a big hit to my senior citizen budget and not appreciated as I already had to replace my garage door opener this month.you need fewer people who are consistent with what they tell us poor, ignorant old folks. This is not rocket science, people, just a change in phone numbers. Shame on you, ATT!!!

Ju