AT&T / unfair billing

1 NC, United States Review updated:

In Oct.2008, my husband and I called ATT to switch our phone to just basic service with maintanance and DSL Lite. We made payment arrangements.
We found out that ATT left unlimited long distance on our phone, *69, answering service, and all the other bells and whistles.
We called back..still in Oct 2008 no less than 10 times..STILL THE MATTER WAS NOT RESOLVED.
We called in Nov.2008 at least 10 times..again in Dec.2008..Jan.2009..Feb.2009..Mar.2009..Apr.2009..May 2009..June 2009, and also in Feb.2009 we started sending letters to the FCC. We just sent 2 letters to the NC Utilities Commission.
A guy from an Atlanta office called today and told me our bill was almost 800.00 and that we never called them to straighten out this matter, ATT was not responsible if customers call in to make changes and they are never done that it is always up to the customer not the company.
Needless to say HE PISSED ME OFF BIG TIME.
What are you suppose to do when you make an agreement with them and they continue to give you a service you do not want and they say its your fault?
The guys name..I forgot..but I posted his number. I hope a few people call and tell him its unfair to the customer when their customer service lies and refuses to correct a problem, and blames the customer for it.
The idiot who blames his customers is at
404...362...0021..thats in Atlanta y'all

Comments

• Ge
      12th of Aug, 2009
    AT&T - Fradulent Charges
    George DeCrescenzo
    Naugatuck
    Connecticut

I was billed $ 12.95 plus applicable taxes for monthly Efax and Voicemail services from Rocket Communications via Transaction Clearing (3rd party billing company), which I didn't authorize. I saw it on my AT&T bill and called Transaction Clearing, Rocket Communications, and AT&T (who are aware of this scam) to have the charges removed.

I would like to know how someone can open an account with Rocket Communications without proper authorization. Apparently, anyone with access to the Internet and the White/Yellow Pages can open an account for someone else with this company. I can see from your web site that I am one of many who have experienced this scam and yet AT&T still allows it to occur.