AT&T / no service to landline and internet

United States, California, Hayward Review updated:
Both my land line and internet service has been "out of service" since 1/15/18. I called Customer Service to report the problem, they ran a trouble check and indicated that it appeared that the problem was outside of the home. They indicated that they would need to place a service call for a technician to come out to the house and check the lines for the problem. The first available date that a service technician could come would be 1/30/18 (14 days without a land line or internet). I expressed to the Customer Service rep that this was totally unacceptable, that I had a college student who relied on the internet to complete his assignments. I had never in the 30+ years that we have been a customer of AT&T experienced such a long delay to get service restored. At the time of my call to Customer Service, there was no weather conditions that would explain the outage. As a result of the outage, I have now gone over my allowable data through my cell phone provider since we needed to use the internet to check email and school assignments. I expect that this email will land in some "black hole" and no response will be received since Customer Service is not a priority with this company. Seriously, 14 days to send a service technician in the San Francisco Bay Area!!! AT&T needs to do a better job.
Jan 23, 2018

A  23rd of Jan, 2018 by
at&t will never claim any responsibility ever for anything
they only care about being paid
when you call your basically talking to yourself as all you get ( managers/supervisors included) just give scripted non answers
( strange how they all talk the same)
I bet they are making you pay for your " non service" as well aren't they?
I would file a complaint with the better business bureau online

AT&T Logo AT&T