AT&T Mobility Cell Phone Contract / unable to get refund after paying termination fee

1 CA, United States

In jan 2009 I prepaid $500 to my att cell phone account as I was traveling abroad.
In april, I decided to remain abroad for an extended period, which would extend past the contract period for my att phone.

I called and terminated the account in april 2009. Att debited $115 from my credit balance of $477 at the time. They continued to send monthly statements to my u. S. Address showing a $275 credit balance.

In mar 2010 I returned to the u. S. For a visit. I called att to get the credit refunded.

I was told by a very sweet customer person that att will require proof that I actually have a credit balance, as her computer records do not have access to such an old transaction.

I am now in the process of faxing (Email not acceptable) a copy of my personal bank statement that shows the electronic payment of $500 from jan 2009.

Att will review the case in a hearing on mar 17 2010 to see if they want to refund my $275.

I am leaving to return to my home abroad on mar 16.

I am so angry I can barely type!

Tc