AT&T Internet Equipment Rebate / rebates never issued - just promised

Signed up for phone and high speed internet service 01/02/07. Mailed in rebate for the modem within days. Was billed for modem on first statement. Two months later I was billed for the modem again. Contacted AT&T. Error supposedly corrected and file marked so my next statement would not reflect a late payment or negative balance. Next statement said payment for modem was in arrears and they were disconnecting my phone. Contacted AT&T again. They said they would correct bill, but I elected to discontinue the service after being a customer for about 4 1/2 months. Next month I received a notice from rebate center saying my rebate (which I should have already received by that time) was being denied because I was ineligible. Contacted AT&T who acknowledged the denial was in error and said they would expedite the rebate (but still wait 5 to 7 weeks for it). After two months I contacted the rebate center again. They said the rebate had been approved that very date (July 5) and that I should wait 5 to 7 weeks to receive it. And the stall continues... As for the credit card with a nominal balance that I was promised when I signed up for the service, well, that's another battle. Ironically, I keep getting letters from them requesting that I become a return customer. Dream on!

D  17th of Sep, 2007 by
i was spose to get a rebate and they told me i will not , i was told i will get a $50.00 rebate , when they told me that i cancled thanks jenny
A  26th of Sep, 2007 by
Same thing with me. They mailed me my phone and no receipt was in box...only way to get rebate was with receipt so they said . They are a rip off.

AT&T Logo AT&T