AT&T Internet / another incident of not honoring promotional rate

1 United States

I just wanted to add my experience with AT&T over here on the West Coast in California. I signed up for their promotional $14.95 for the Pro package (Internet only) and they ended up charging me $40 even after the fourth month. Was told by a CSR that for the first couple months, the full cost had to be charged, but then the credit would be given back on the third bill. It was even stated in their terms and conditions posted online!

"Customers purchasing new AT&T High Speed Internet Direct will pay $14.95 per month for 12 months after application of bill credit. First 2 bill credits will appear on same bill within the first 3 bill cycles"

Called customer support and they said that we didn't sign up for the promotion. Well, that's just funny. Then why did I call up customer service and agree to have the internet activated, after I specifically asked if I am eligible for the promotional rate, which both the website and the CSR said I was!?

Will try calling again to sort this out, but if you have any suggestions on how to go about solving this problem relatively painlessly, please let me know.