att DSL/internet/Modem / reward/rebate

1 5731 W. Sample AveFresno, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 559 277-0428

I signed up for DSL internet service from att in April, 2009. I was given two forms that would allow me to receive a $50 rebate debit card for signing up and an additional rebate of $80 in the form of a check for the modem rebate. The reward center received my request form for both rebates on May 4, 2009. The forms states that I would receive my rebates within 4-6 weeks. To-this-date, I have NOT received any rebates. I have contacted the rewardcenter several times. I get didn't answers with each person I spoke to. I get different dates the rebates were sent out or they said they have no record of my request, or they have promised to reissue the debit card..but no one can tell me who to talk to regarding the $80 modem rebate. att representatives are being completely deceptive about this issue. They told me my rebate card was mailed on June 13, 2009 and at another call, they told me it had been mailed out June 10, 2009. Now they say it will take 7-10 days to MAIL a replacement card. This is too much!!! Something should be done about their bad business practices. I live on disability income and was depending on this money to pay for the services which they told me I could do with the rebates. Now they tell me I can only use them at other businesses. Please help..if you can.

Ro

Comments

• Rg
      5th of Jun, 2010

Signed up for AT&T internet service here in Houston, Texas. I was told my first bill would be about 103.00 dollars. They demanded that I sign up for direct withdrawal. After I signed up for the service they mailed me a router and service that did not work. Then they said they had no record of my service. So a service technician came out did absolutely nothing then charged me 200.00 for coming out and an extra eighty dollars for a second router. Guess what he never brought a new router to my house I already had the one they mailed. When i got my first bill it was a whooping 450.00 dollars for the internet to be turned. Disputed the charges which they withdrew directly out of my account. I had a bad experience with AT&T. They did nothing to correct the bill.