ATT DSL / customer service

1 CA, United States Review updated:

We got ATT DSL 11 months ago. I have had issues with ATT in the past, primarily their customer service, but I went ahead with the order anyway. I called and asked for the cheapest DSL possible with no phone line. They said they had a $19.95 deal going, but failed to mention there was a year contract requirement. The "deal" was saving us $10/month. We bought a new home as the lease was ending in our old place, and called ATT to transfer services. They said they didn't have DSL there, so we would have to cancel since we were no longer at our old address. They did not tell us there would be a $150 early termination fee. Then we got the bill 3 weeks later with the extra $150. I called immediately and was told there was nothing they could do, "company policy". They said the bill was final and could not be changed. They did say that if I wanted to start home phone service for only $15/month they would be kind enough to send me a $100 gift card. I was willing to pay out the contract term and a portion of the early term fee, but they would not negotiat at all. I had to pay it all. They went by the contract, butt hey were very sneaky in their actions. I, nor my family, will ever use an ATT product again. I will do my best to spread the word of how little they care for the customers. They only care about bleeding a few extra dollars out of you. I will do what I can now to try and stear as many friends, family and co-workers I know away from this company. My goal is to cost them much more than the $150 they took from me.

Comments

• Ga
      10th of Oct, 2010

dsl service went out several days ago called att they ran line checks said no problems had me do several checks inside my home still no dsl service got call that evening from att said they would have tech out next day and check out and if problem inside home there would charge for repair if outside of home there would be no charge tech came out checked he said problem on there end and several other homes same problem he would call and let us no what he found never got a call . saturday called att about dsl problem they passed me around to several techs telling me to try several things to try . after 4 hours of waisted time that if i would pay a fee that there tech 3 would fix the problem. spoke with manager because i did not agree with paying fee he hung phone up on me . maybe att has to much business to were they can can do as they please .