AT&T / customer service representative

1 United States

Hello. I called AT&T Customer Service around 11:30 am on Thursday 3/29. The woman I spoke to was unbelievable rude. She would not let me explain my issue before trying to transfer me to someone else. I asked not to be transferred because I had already called the system she was trying to send me to but she repeated spoke over me to the point where she would not let me speak. She then told me that I needed to calm down and that she wasn't going to help me if I didn't stop talking. I was very taken aback. After I explained to her multiple times that I just wanted to speak to a live representative in the department I was trying to reach, she repeatedly said that she wouldn't help me. She then put me on hold for a few minutes to give me a phone number for the that department. In the middle of thanking her she hung up. I then dialed the number she gave me and sat listening to an info-commercial phone line for the next 5 minutes. This was not an AT&T associated phone number and was solely a soliciting line with no real purpose. I have attached a short clip of the audio I recorded from that line. The number she gave me was 866-975-0500.
This call was on behalf of my boss, but I am even personally a customer with AT&T and this is the most terribly I have ever been treated. I had already been trying to resolve the issue I called about for a week and when I do call for assistance, the representative ignores me, insults me, hangs up, and gives me a phony spam number - not the care or service I feel AT&T would like to present to its customers.
Your subsequent assistants were very helpful and apologetic for their colleague's misconduct.

Cr