AT&T / customer service complaint

1 Chino Hills, CaliforniaChino Hills, United States Review updated:

I visited the AT& T store at 13089 Peyton Drive Suite a, in Chino, Hills, California. I spoke with a customer service representative in person and the representative stated that she would need my driver's license to run a credit report. After running my report, the representative stated that I would not need to put down a deposit for two phones but would need to place a small deposit if I wanted a third line. After informing the representative that I only needed two lines, the representative discussed with me the plan offers. I informed the representative that if there were taxes due, I would be able to come in first thing the next morning to pay for the taxes on two IPhone. The representative contacted her supervisor Adrian to ask if this was okay and after getting off the telephone with her superior, she informed me that the manager stated that this would be fine and that I would need to be at their AT & T store first thing the next morning, as they open.
I came back to the store the next morning and waited 45 minutes until they opened. When I spoke to the manager Adrian, I informed him that I was the customer who would be coming in to pay the taxes on two iPhone. I asked the manager Adrian if he had the paperwork from yesterday because the representative stated that she would have everything there for her manager when he came in the next morning. The manager Adrian then proceeded to go into the system and informed me that the system stated that I would need to place a 400.00 deposit on both iPhone. I informed Adrian that I was told after the representative ran my credit information the evening before that I would not need to place a deposit on the first two phones. Adrian, in a rude tone informed me that, "He could not waive any fees because this was the information that was showing in his system." I informed Adrian that I was not requesting for him to waive any fees for me and that this was not the information that I was given the evening before from the previous representative. Adrian's cruel disposition was very rude. Adrian assumed that I was requesting that he waive the deposit and fees when this was never anything that I had requested for him to do. I specifically informed Adrian the information that I was given by his representative the day before. Adrian then proceeded to tell me that his representative from yesterday did not run my credit and only did what they call a pre-approval. I informed Adrian that the representative was very clear that she needed to run a credit report and not just a pre-approval. Adrian then stated, "My representative from yesterday is new and she didn't know much of what she needed to do and that he would talk to her." I informed Adrian that the representative from yesterday was pretty clear that she had to run a credit report for me in order to know if the phone lines that I was requesting required a deposit. Adrian then asked me if I had ever had AT & T service and I informed him that this would be my first time ever having AT&T cell phone service, or any service with AT&T. Adrian stated that my current cell phone line which is the line they were transferring service to showed him in the system that this line was not available. I informed Adrian that the phone line was available and showed him that I had my current cell phone and that I am using my cell phone with the same number. Adrian proceeded to tell me, "There is nothing that I can do for you, in a rude tone."
I didn't understand why Adrian's disposition was so rude because I was not rude, nor did I suggest that he do anything other than check the documentation that was already processed by the representative from the evening before. Adrian also stated that he did not run my credit again, nor did he do anything and that the information in the system was what he needed to follow. Adrian also stated that AT&T providers make their rules and there was nothing that neither he nor the representative from yesterday could change. Again, I never suggested that Adrian change anything, and only to look into his incorrect information which stated in the system that my current cell phone was not an active line.
Adrian asked me again if I had ever had AT&T service and I informed him again that I have never had service with AT&T. Adrian was rude, this is not the way that a manager of a store should address customers, and the fact that he insinuates that I wanted him to waive the fees without me requesting him to do so, and was very adamant that my current cell phone line was not in operation was absurd! Adrian's behavior appeared to be racially biased in nature, and the fact that he placed words in my mouth that I did not say, suggests that I was being stereotyped as a typical black customer looking to get something for free. Adrian's behavior and his attitude towards me appeared to be motivated by my race. The information that I was given when I entered the store and spoke with Adrian was contradictory to what I was told by the other representative.

Er
Sep 26, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      26th of Sep, 2018

your talking to yourself when you deal with anyone at at&t they are just paid seat warmers and script readers
    do yourself a favor and go with T-Mobile or Verizon
    think you had issues with the manager? try when you need help with your phone or service trust me what you just encountered is a cake walk compared to that