AT&T / rewards program scam!

Warning! Do not change your internet service to at&t and think you will get the $125 rebate that was promised! I changed my service from comcast on march 3, 2009, primarily for the purpose of the $125 rebate. I did all of the dirty work (Crawling around under desks and tables to unplug the old and plug in the new wires, etc.). I was told by at&t personnel at the time i placed my order that, not only would i get the $125 rebate, but i would get an additional $50, plus a $50 gift card for the change in internet service and other bundling additions. I got the $50 gift card last week. When i checked the rewards center, i saw a $50 rebate listed, but nothing about the $125!!! I spent over 2 hours on the phone yesterday -- a beautiful saturday afternoon -- to be transferred time after time and be told time after time -- that they could not "stack" the rewards! Huh?????? Stack?????? First of all, i changed because of the $125. Period. The additional rewards were told to me and i was unaware of them. Even if what they say is the case (Which was never disclosed), would not a reasonable person expect to receive the largest reward over the smallest???? I was livid! I will be switching my service back after this is taken care of. I will never trust at&t again as they do not stand behind the promises made by their sales folks nor their written propaganda that is mailed! Seems to me that this should be a federal offense to use the mail system to send fraudulent material! In any event, i was eventually told they would credit my phone bill $75 (Only after i asked to speak to a supervisor after being told the customer service clerk could do nothing, and never offered me the opportunity to go to someone who could -- until it was i that specifically asked to speak to the supervisor). I, of course, accepted the gesture, but i am not happy as i was totally scammed into thinking i was getting the $125 reward for switching my internet service. Lies, lies, lies -- shame on you, yet again, at&t. Somewhere on another blog, it was suggested that a class action suit should be filed and i am all for it. Sign me up!!!

Comments

• Bu
      18th of May, 2009

I agree wholeheartedly. I switched in August 2008 and was told again and again that I would receive $150 in the mail. Even though they say they record the conversations, AT&T claims they have 'no record' of the 3 or 4 phone calls I made to ask where the check was. TOTAL SCAM!