AT&T / bundle - uverse, internet & phone

1 Arlington Heights, IL, United States

I have been an AT&T customer for 4.5 years. Today I did an online chat at lunchtime and agreed after long back & forth that I wanted to go from U450 to U300, keep 25mbps and was persuaded to keep phone, even though I wanted to ditch it, because $10 less to keep it. Then at end rep tells me he added a second line. But all seemed OK until I get home 4 hours later and find I have basic TV and basic internet!!! Called customer service and get some woman in India who after 50 minutes and explaining it 10 times still didn't understand the issue. Finally asked to speak to a supervisor who arrived 8 minutes later and after a few minutes says she cannot help me but if I want to hold for 10-15 minutes she can put me through to "customer appreciation", I have now been on over an hour and don't want to hold so she suggests going into a store. I start at Buffalo Grove, explain to the representative and he looks it up and explains that because the previous rep put in an order he cannot make any changes, he is very nice and suggests I go to the main store in Arlington Heights as a "core" store should be able to help. I go to Arlington Heights, show them the transcript from the chat and explain the issue and the Manager actually tries to sell me Direct TV!! I tell him no, all I want is my service restored and I don't think I should have to wait a week for a service tech when my service shouldn't have been cut. He again asks why I don't want Direct TV, I lose my temper and tell him I just want my service restored, at which point he "shows me out of the door". I have been paying $280 a month to be treated like that!! I immediately called Comcast and they will have an engineer out in 2 days. In the store they kept saying I have U300 even when I showed them on my phone app it says I have Uverse basic. Of course by the time I left the store it was already 7pm so I got a recorded message to say customer service was now closed and the alternate number on my TV account I called 8 times and it's constantly busy, not even a pickup into a queue. I will never use AT&T again, I have never been so disrespected in public and never had such appalling customer service.

Sa