AT&T / billing, internet, phone & chat service

1 Darlington, SC, United States

Lost internet on Sept 6, 2018. Called AT&T and was told my modem and router were bad. Went and bought new modem and router. Still nothing. Called AT&T back and was redirected to an automated system that stated they were aware of an outage in our area and estimated repair time was Sept 16 @ 10:52 pm. Sept 17 - still no internet. Called back. Repair date and time was moved to yet another date. This went on until the repair date was moved to October 5 @ 10:52 pm. I fell behind in my schoolwork; had to spend money to get wifi hotspot data on my phone and my children had to stay with friends so they could get their schoolwork done. I get reassured I would not be charged for the time I was without, BUT GUESS WHAT!!! I get my bill and it is actually $4 more than what I already pay. They claim someone used the callback feature. I don't know how that was possible when there is so much static in the phone line you can't hear anything. I was told I would be reimbursed the $100 worth of equipment that was purchased and not needed, $55 for wi-fi data purchased through my cell phone provider and 2 months of free internet due to their server problems. I have had to contact them multiple times a week regarding the phone and internet still not working properly just to be told a service technician would have to come out and test the system. I'm not paying for a service tech to come out and test anything when the problems have already been traced to something on their end being messed up. I had to put a stop payment on my account because I refuse to pay for services when they are not being provided adequately. Chat service "people" tell you the exact same thing as the last person, word for word. I am no fool when it comes to their games. I was even told a supervisor would be calling me at 1:00 pm on Friday, October 12 but my cell phone never rang. No one called. No one followed up to make sure the problem had been resolved. They are now telling me I have to call the "loyalty" service and see what they can do to assist me in my problems?! AT&T is a joke.

Re