AT&T And Franklin Collections / incompetence and harassment

Phone: 1-888-215-8961
I can't decide which was more infuriating, AT&T's incompetence, or Franklin Collections' cocky little worm who seems to think answering phones makes him GOD!

I made the mistake of signing up with AT&T for home phone service last year. I eventually decided to drop them. I PAID THE BILL and cancelled the service. The other day, I received a rude and agressive letter from Franklin Collections in Tupelo, Mississippi stating that I owe $40.10 to AT&T, and if I don't pay up, I'm going to be garnished, sued, everything short of tarred and feathered! Since I AM in the habit of paying my bills on time, I was unaware that your dispute must be "in writing." The letter stated to contact them if there is a dispute and gave a phone number, it did not specify "in writing."

I contacted Franklin, and the hateful snot that took the call became very abrupt with me, as though I'M the ### for calling to dispute! After asking me why I'm disputing, he told me I would have to deal with AT&T because as far as he's concerned I'm just trying to dodge paying the bill! He also was very condescending when telling me I could not dispute over the phone, that it must be in writing- As if I was supposed to know this-As if being turned over to collections is a regular thing for me!

Then, I contacted AT&T, who claim they have absolutely no record of my payment ever being made! I have to send them copies of my bank statement showing that I made the payment, or else I have to pay them AGAIN!

And another thing about AT&T, these are a bunch of con artists! I also had made the mistake of getting a cell phone with them--- HUGE MISTAKE! Twice I have received bills in excess of $300, full of calls I never made! I had to fight tooth and nail and threaten legal action to get the charges removed! Mind you, I'm not one of these dimwits with the permanent Bluetooth implant. I don't even talk enough to justify purchasing such a silly piece of junk. I have a grand total of 7 people (4 are also on AT&T, so no charge there!) I actually communicate with (not even daily), so I know very well who I have spoken to and how often. I have been counting down the days until August when the contract expires so I can divorce AT&T!! I will get a cheap, pre-paid (NOT AT&T) cell from now on. DEATH TO AT&T!!

A  12th of Aug, 2009 by
I returned AT&T U-verse equipment undamaged and several months later received threatening phone calls from Franklin Collection Agency asking for almost $500. That was 9 months ago and they're still harrassing me. I've asked them to take it to court because I have a tracking number that proves that I returned the equipment and I'm not paying.
A  14th of Aug, 2009 by
Right on...most ignorant group of folks I've ever encountered. I just hope that all who decided to sell their debts to them understand that they should try and negotiate a better deal - at the rate Franklin Collection out of Tupelo, MS is conducting their business they're probably pretty successful.
N  20th of Oct, 2017 by
yes received a letter from franklin collections said they have sent us several no way at&t I just talk to them and i him not sending this agent anything

AT&T Logo AT&T