Aspen Dental - Stow, OH / avoid this place at all costs!

United States Review updated:
3515 hudson dr., stow ohio

This company has absolutely no ethics. They were going to charge me $700 over what they would have charged my insurance for dental work on me and my two daughters. The problem is that is a breach of contract with the insurance company. They are not allowed to charge over the agreed upon price in their contract.

Secondly, the work they were going to do on my children - each supposedly had cavities that needed filled - did not need done. I took them to another dentist and neither of them had any cavities. Aspen dental was going to shoot my children full of drugs, drill into their teeth and put fillings in them when there is nothing wrong with them. Avoid this place at all costs!!!

Comments

Di
  24th of Jul, 2008
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH T.JOHNS - GO ELSE WHERE
I wish I had read this before I wasted 2 hours there. I called & told them I would like to schedule a new patient cleaning & xrays. They called 3 times to confirm my appt- should have been a red flag. Finally appt day...Well, only after getting my xrays and WAITING by myself for an hour in a chair was I told that 1st appts are only evaluations & xrays. Cleanings are the next appt. I was NEVER told this when I SPECIFICALLY called to schedule a cleaning & xrays-even wrote that on my forms when I arrived for my appt as to why I was there. I paid for & took copies of my xrays to take to a REAL DENTIST.
Ps
  9th of Sep, 2008
Agree with the above. My wife went in today for mouth pain and came out being told she needs 11, 000 in work!!! She is 40 years old with no real oral problems, she is being told that all her cavities need crowns and caps and she will need a partial plate, etc. Mind you she is not 80 but 40 and in good health. I called my insurance comapny and even they were suprised. We are getting a second opinion tomrrow, will update with results.. Amazing they would put $$ above patient safety!
Ta
  22nd of Mar, 2010
Whatever you do..do not go to this scam of a dentist. I went there for a routine cleaning and was told that I had periodontial diease. They explained to me that I needed rooting and scaling on all 4 quad, irrigation on all teeth, and antibiotics injected into 'pockets'. After they scared me enough they pulled me back into a room to go over costs. I was told it was going to be $2225 for everything, my insurance would cover $800 and I had to come up with $1425. Like a fool I gave them $1000 on my credit card and went in that afternoon for half of the procedure. After a few days of discussing with people what I had done, what it cost, and them telling me I was out of my mind, I decided to call my insurance company. They informed me that the entire necessary procedure was only $50 per quad and everything else was an extra procedure. I then requested an itemized bill (which I had never seen before) and realized I had paid $139 for toothbrush, $30 for toothpaste, $20 for mouthwash, and $174 a pocket for anitbiotics that I was never informed that were recommened or even optional procedures or products. I called 3 other dentist offices and 2 of them said they didnt even offer the arestin (antibiotic) and the other informed me that he recommends it to patients only if it is severe which I clearly was not. When I tried to dispute, 4 phone calls to managers later, she finaly did give me back the cost of the tooth brush if I would schedule the 2nd half of my appointment. I told her there is no way I was going back to such an unethical establishment. Bottom line, I was treated like I was at used car dealership when I put my trust in a health care professional. Please at all costs do not deal with these crooks.
Sa
  27th of Mar, 2010
I have the worst dentures ever made by Apsen Dentures on Hudson drive in stow. they have hurt my gums all the time and the material they are made from I seem too be allergic too. They didi not tell me how much they would cost, they charged me a outright Price of $1, 800. I am 73 and had no insurance I paid for them out of my saveings account and I cant get my money back or can I stand too wear them.I am a widow 12 yrs. now.Now I have too wear my old ones from 1982. They still are comfotable made at Darrow rd in Stow except loose now.

Aspen Dental Management Logo Aspen Dental Management