Aspen Dental Dr. Laura Socias - Germantown WIhorrible tooth extraction

I went into Aspen Dental for a "simple extraction" of tooth #30 (molar) I have had my entire top teeth removed and an upper denture made in FL with no problems, despite some minor pain and irritation, which was normal. I have also had several lower teeth removed, never needed anything more then local anesthesia and a couple days to recoup. Dr. Socias seemed nice, but a little condescending. She sure didnt give the impression of understanding how horrible tooth pain is, considering shes a dentist, she of all ppl should know this. Right from the start she didnt seem very capable. She pulled, pushed, wiggled and about pulled my jaw off, using literally every tool she had. I knew things werent going right when the dental asst seemed uncomfortable. I insisted she took a break, I was shakey, in horrible pain, even with the local anesthesia and had tears streaming down my face. after the most traumatizing experience in my life she got the tooth out. I was in pain then, before I even left the exam room. She assured me over the counter Tylenol would be enough. I called Aspens Customer Care # and they had me go see another of "their" dentists at a different location the following day. I think that experience was just as bad, if not worse. The dentist who saw me there wasnt even licensed yet, but I student, being oversaw by a dentist I never saw there (if in fact there even was one). I vowed never to go back to Aspen again. However, 2 days later the pain flared up even worse. This was on a Saturday. Having no insurance and unable to afford another appt at another dentist or ER, I called the emergency # given to me from Aspen. Dr. Socias called me back and I explained to her that the pain from the extraction had gotten better, but was now even worse. It was swollen and unbearably throbbing. She called me in antibiotics and instructed me to continue Tylenol, even after I explained to her OTC pain meds were not helping. So today, Monday, I went back into see her. She looks at me from about 2 feet away and says "i dont see any swelling", so I open my mouth and pull back my cheek, her eyes get big and she says "oh, that looks really bad". It was beyond bad... she tells me I have a dry socket. I've had 16 teeth pulled over the years and never once gotten a dry socket. She was far from gentle treating it, and for the first time in my life I verbally cried out in pain (embarrassing at best) and had tears streaming down my face. She tells me to continue the anitbiotics and OTC tylenol (which I have told her several times now isnt working) After being home several hours and still in excruciating pain, I went to Walgreens, spoke to the pharmacist and got some dental kit which is comparable to clove? I treated myself at home for this dry socket and for the first time since the extraction I have some pain relief. This was the furthest thing from a "simple extraction" as the dentist put it. It was a horrible, painful and traumatizing event, not to mention the unbearable pain I've been in as a result from the dentists procedures. I would not take a human being or an animal EVER to Aspen Dental or Dr. Socias... it was plain and simple torture, and my comfort and pain were completely disregarded. they did however find time to sit me down with the office manager and give me an $3500 quote for a lower denture... I dont know how these people sleep at night!!!

Ti

Comments

• Mi
      Dec 17, 2013

Look cry baby, you are such a wimp, i bet you, you did all that show just for them to pay you all your crap like a lot of people and patients do. I am a long time patient of Dr Socias and have friends that go to her and we love her truly. She has been a great Dr to us her in WI and has a good heart. You should be embaressed of having such a tongue like yours to start critizizing people like that. If you only knew how it is to be a Dr. I just for sure know she is a good hearted Dr that wants the best for her patients . You should be ashamed and wAsh your tongue and brain while you think and talk bad about people And have a consience too.

• Ra
      Dec 18, 2013

I went to Aspen on Monday, first time there...and I can guarantee I will never go back. The Dr. recommended more then I needed at a cost of over $9, 000. I just needed a simple tooth extraction to alleviate my pain.After looking at my tooth and explaining to her that I just wanted it pulled because I was in pain...she took a cleaning instrument and tapped several times on the tooth and asked me if that hurt. No kidding Sherlock that's why I just got done telling you that. The manger had me in her office for a long time, not listening to what I wanted to have done. She got me a credit line from some credit card. I had appointments set up, knowing that was the only way to get out of there. I canceled them immediately and I had NO services done on my visit, yet they have already billed the credit card $1000. How in the hell can you bill someone when you had nothing done...nothing at all? I also found the Dr, to be very condescending and not listening to what I was needing. I have gone to a Dentist my entire life, but because of insurance changes I could no longer go to him. When I got home. I called a Dentist here in town and they listened to my concerns and I had the work done that I needed there...for $125.00...Seriously people stay away from Aspen...Now I have to deal with disputing...$1000 for no work done whatsoever...what a racket!

• Ka
      Sep 07, 2017

My review is based on the receptionist. I came in for my teeth cleaning and the receptionist asked for a payment of $85.00. I was confused because I have insurance and for my ENTIRE life my teeth cleanings have always been covered. So when I asked her about it, she was rude. I asked her to call my insurance company because evidently something must have changed in 6 months? She wouldn;t call, and I wasn't paying. She seemed exasperated and went in the back to talk to others. She came back and repeated the amount. So because it seemed like I could'nt get me teeth cleaned without paying, I paid it. Then I called my insurance company while waiting. In the meantime, a guy--not sure of his name, but apparently he has more knowledge about these things, came to me and said, "I'm sorry-your teeth cleaning is covered" No duh!!! So they refunded my money. But the rude receptionist that initially bullied me into paying didn't even apologize! Instead she tried to blame in on someone else in the office. IT has NOTHING to do with another person in the office. My insurance card is on file!!! Maybe you should'nt make assumptions about people that come in your office. Just because I came in casual to get my teeth cleaned should make someone assume that I have a co-pay. Anyway, I NEVER returned to this location. I give it to the guy (wish I remembered his name) he tried to smooth it over and he was professional. Can't say the same for the receptionist. I wish I could identify her name, because there is more than one receptionist and I don't want this review to reflect on the wrong person. But she was younger (the inept one) the other receptionist was older. I thought I was doing my self a favor by coming to this location. Too bad. I thought I was upgrading from Dental Associates. NOT!