Aspen Dental / ripped off on dentures

1 Cedar Crest BlvdAllentown, PA, United States Review updated:

I had 100% coverage on new dentures up to $1500.00, so I decided to get new dentures, I went to Aspen and the woman that handles the billing and ordering of the dentures, did not even ask me which ones I wanted, she automatically set me up for the top of the line dentures, which cost $2000.00, knowing that I would still have to pay the remainder, I was approved for a GM card which allowed me to make payments. After months and months of trying to get the dentures at a proper fit, I went to get my new dentures, when they put them in my mouth, they looked terrible, and they didn't fit right, I couldn't talk, nor wear them, after months and months of trying again to get them to fit, a new dentist from Easton, decided to "help" me and make me new bottom dentures, they fit wore than the other ones, and when I told him just this, he took the attitude that he was not making me another set, nor giving me my money back, but I could have the first ones back...why would I want another set that didn't fit?...I decided to try and wear them, but when I compared the top dentures to the bottom dentures, the bottom dentures were not the same quality, the teeth were yellow, they were the low grade teeth put in a $ 1000.00 price tag...I am contacting consumer affairs and the BBB to get my money back...I have to past the uppers in once a day, and the bottoms in 4-5 times a day...

De

Comments

Te
  31st of Jul, 2009

Just visited a new aspen dental office that opened in West Burlington. My appointment was at 8:00, left the office at 11:00. Nothing more than an exam and x-rays were done. I went to get a price on a set of dentures (full upper and lower) and was quoted 7, 500 including extractions, my insurance covers 1500 for dentures and some of the extractions. My estimate was 5, 564 after insurance. Thought that this was a little high so I searched for average cost of full dentures in Iowa. Came back with results stating that the average cost of dentures in Iowa were ~$2, 500. After a little more searching found info stating that premium dentures could range from $1000-5000 (for top of the line), funny because even their lowest option was still quoted as 4200 after insurance. The office manager "didn't have time to break-down the costs for me as they were double-booked and needed to get to other patients".

This is when I got online and looked up reviews of aspen. Let me tell you what: I have seen child molesters get better reviews from the public. I've been searching for an hour now and have yet to come across ONE review that wasn't horrible (besides on their website). Anybody reading reviews of this company would be well advised to stay away.

On a side note:
While waiting for my exam a lady came in for her appointment and when asked for her insurance she gave them a title 19 card and was told that they don't accept title 19. This made me suspicious from the start. What kind of company will not accept a government paid health care service? answer: One that is out to over bill, over charge, and provide shady service.

A V O I D A S P E N D E N T A L

Sj
  29th of Apr, 2011

The fact that they don't accept title 19, doesn't mean anything. Nobody is obligated to accept goverment insurance. And a lot of dentists don't accept it, so there is nothing to be suspicious about. As far as the cst of dentures go, it included your extractions. Did the price for dentures that you fund during your research include that? I can assure you, it did not. And before you ask -- no, I don't work for Aspen, although I am a dentist.