Ashley Furnitures / delivery being postponed week after week

1 Fremont, United States Review updated:

We purchased a sofa with Ashley fremont on 10/4/08 and estimated delivery on 10/15/08. They said they will call us the day before delivery. Nobody ever called on the 15th nor the next day. I kept on calling every week and every week the customer service lady would say there has been a delay and the new estimated delivery date will be next saturday. It is already 11/4 and we still have not received our sofa. We have been sitting on the floor in our living room for the duration of the wait.

We are already being charged interest since the day that we left the store and we have not received sofa yet. That is truely unfair business practise. Being able to LEAD customers on thinking that they will receive their products but yet do not get them.

Also, in their invoice it states that immediately the next day of cancelling you will be charged 30% restocking fee. What the ... They are the reason for the delivery to be late and we still have to pay restocking?

All we want is a straight answer as to when we will get our furniture. the customer service doesnt even know if the furniture is manufactured yet or is it an issue with delivery.

Ja

Comments

• Aa
      14th of Feb, 2009

We too ordered living room furniture from Ashley furniture at Fremont in mid December 2008. They told us that it would be delivered by 5th January. It is 13th February now and we still don't have our sofa. The customer representative calls us every week to tell us that our delivery has been post phoned.

The store representatives tell us that they only deal with the monetary part of the deal and the date on the invoice is a "tentative date" and the actual furniture delivery date depends on the manufacturer . Where are they manufacturing the furniture? On Mars? The customer service just tells us that the delivery has been post phoned and they dont know why the manufacturers are delaying it. This company is filled with jokers for whom both the customer and his money are a joke...Never buy furniture from Ashley's !!!

• Ar
      16th of Feb, 2009

Hi there,
    don't waste your time. I've been for tow months in an empty house because this people. Exactly same situation. No money back, no furniture, and the worst still waiting using boxes as chairs, and blankets as sofa. We talked to BBB, well I submit a complaint, and less than a week they agree to give me the money back without any charges (still waiting), but at least BBB did something. I believe in them so hopefully this business (to call it in a way) will give me the money back. If not I'll be looking for every single person with the same problem, and even when I get back my money, I'll be sitting on the door with a board with this history so none else will buy there anymore
    good luck

• Vi
      3rd of Mar, 2009

We ordered furniture from Ashley Fremont on 2/1/2009 and still waiting. I hope people see this review and never buy stuff from Ashley furniture again. Customer service is a joke,