Ashley Furniture Industries$4000 worth of junk

An extremely displeased "want to be" customer…..
I held off writing this complaint in hopes that Ashley Furniture would do right by me, a customer; actually an ex-customer. I had plans to furnish most of my house from Ashley's, however, if this is how you treat customers I will no longer patronage your business nor will I recommend your establishment to others.
I purchased a beautiful bedroom set from what I thought was one of the top furniture stores, Ashley's, in January 2018. I watched the set in the store for five months before purchasing it. The bedroom set was delivered the first time with many defects, scratches and a couple broken pieces. The furniture was taken back and "new" furniture was supposed to be delivered to me the following day.
I did a quick inspection of the furniture the things that were wrong the previous day wasn't an issue. I didn't have mattress so the furniture sat set-up where the delivery men placed it in the room for three months before I used it. Instead of Ashley's Furniture delivering me new furniture……I got furniture worse than the initial delivery.
Once I began sleeping in my room and on my bed I noticed the foot rails wood was extremely soft. My small remote fell off the bed and the wood on the rail dented. Another time I rested my foot on the rail wearing only flip flops and noticed another dent/chip in the foot rail. I can't believe this aesthetically beautiful furniture could be made with such cheap quality wood. The bedroom set in the store was in no way tacky like what I was delivered. Needless to say I was disappointed. There are numerous notches, chips and dents on the foot rails. The pictures show unacceptable flaws with the furniture that could not have possibly been done by me but rather at the warehouse.
A little while later paint began peeling off the bed in three places. Once the natural light started to shine through the windows I saw all kinds of imperfections. The pieces in the headboard were not put together neatly; there a places in the grooves where wood is chipped, there are rough patches, painted over staples, the square pieces are not evenly placed causing several 3 inch or longer white/tan unpainted pieces to show in the connecting cracks. Again I was taken aback because I paid almost $4, 000 for furniture; not furniture and a mattress set, just furniture. In July I changed my bedroom around and saw imperfections on the back of the chest; misplaced screw holes that didn't have screws in them so there are holes in the back of the chest and dark rough spots at the back top and bottom sides of the chest. Lastly, on one of the claws on the dresser someone at the warehouse or one of the delivery people touched up a scratch. I didn't see this until I moved things around and the natural light was shining through the windows.
I don't have animals or children so no these imperfections were not made by me or anyone in my home. I am deeply offended with the subpar quality of this beautiful furniture. I was truly insulted when told the issues I have with the furniture have been self-inflicted or done by careless means.
I called the company August 3rd (spoke to a not so pleasant lady) to discuss having these issues fixed. I was told that it was too late to get these things fixed, I've had the furniture too long and it's my fault because I didn't purchase the extended warranty. One would think buying supposedly "quality" furniture with an expensive price tag that the furniture would be quality.
Someone from the company reached out to me on January 2, again on January 4 and January 11, 2019. I appreciate the person reaching out to me. I emailed the issues noted above. One issue I have is someone working in the Henrico, VA office emailed my account and personal information to someone that no longer works at the store. On top of sending out my information without asking or notifying me I was informed on January 2nd that my furniture was still under warranty when I called in August. The lady I spoke with in August said it wasn't and there was nothing they would do because I didn't purchase the extended warranty.
It is incredibly bad business to lie to a customer, to defraud anyone in a purchase where they don't get what they paid for. I paid for elegant and quality-made furniture. I received subpar, soft, cheaply and hastily made, scratched pieces of junk.
There is a balance on the account for this furniture. I do not feel responsible for paying for it due to the fact I didn't get what I paid for. Your company didn't do what it was supposed to do. Your employee(s) lied or was too lazy to do her job! Your company would not and still won't take responsibility in rectifying the issues I reported. There are some legal repercussions for sending out my (or any other customer's) personal information; I am looking into that issue.
It would be greatly appreciated if the balance was canceled. I don't mind your company picking the furniture up and refunding a great portion of my money.
The name of the account for the disappointing purchase is Kande Reid and telephone number is 757.655.1838.
Please remedy this situation in an appeasing, culpable and apologetic manner.

Ka
Jan 31, 2019

Comments

• Ne
      Mar 14, 2019

Very good results. You are doing the right thing.

• Ke
      Mar 14, 2019

Unfortunately, not all sellers can keep a high level of quality of their furniture. And it's very bad. I can advise you to turn to how you can choose better furniture https://furnishingsmaster.com/ . Everything else is on the conscience of the seller and the manufacturer. Well, the delivery service of course.