Ashley HomeStore Logo

Ashley HomeStore

Having problems with Ashley HomeStore?

1800 477 2222 (United States)
8800 505 4223 (Russia)
+1 866 436 3393 (United States)
+61 247 326 285 (Australia)
+31 644 294 732 (Netherlands)
+880 131 301 2571 (Bangladesh)
+673 267 0668 (Brunei)
+593 290 4004 (Ecuador)
+504 25 571 515 (Honduras)
+507 376 0246 (Panama)
+966 920 002 540 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 62 698 155 (Singapore)
+27 127 493 100 (South Africa)
+66 25 147 111 (Thailand)
1 Ashley Way
Arcadia, Wisconsin
United States - 54612-1218

Complaints & Reviews

poor customer service, managers are never available, loss of furniture

On March 22, 2007 I placed an order with Ashley Furnitures sales representative Andreas for the entire Mystic Chocolate collection for approximately $2400. I was informed that due to several back ordered items I would not receive my furniture until May 10th which was a little disappointing but would still arrive in time for the event I was catering on the 16th of May. Well I received a phone call on May 9th at 4pm confirming the delivery for the following day and then I received a voice mail at 6pm stating that the scheduled delivery was canceled. At this time both my husband and I already confirmed the day off and was growing concerned that I would not receive my items within the allocated time frame. So I requested to speak with the sales manager to explain to me what exactly is going on. She apologized for my inconvenience but could only offer the following business day for redelivery. Well the following business day the same thing occurred and I was out a 2nd days pay. At this point I very concerned and annoyed that I was being treated like this and decided to go and speak with the store owner directly to explain my concerns. To my surprise the store manager was of no assistance and explained to me in front of the other customers that "this is a money making business and I could kindly take my business elsewhere if I was unsatisfied. He did not care of my inconvenience thus far and emphasized that even if I went somewhere else I more then likely would not have the furniture in time for my event anyway. The next delivery date available is May 16. Livid, I decided to cancel my order immediately and proceeded to take my business elsewhere. They informed me that my account would be credited back immediately but to my surprise it was not. So I submitted a credit card dispute in order to receive my funds to place an urgent order. So I contacted the store manager of another Ashley store and explained to him the situation that I was experiencing in Hasbrook and he kindly took the payment for!

A new order that was scheduled to be delivered on Saturday June 2nd. However, I recently received a call from the Hasbrook store stating that my order is now on hold based on the credit dispute at the Hasbrook office. Apparently the store owner owns both locations and is refusing to ship my furniture until the credit card company resolves the disputed charge from Hasbrook. What are my rights if I do not receive my furniture on the scheduled delivery date?

Damage Resulting - both my husband lost to days of work and had to pay to cater an event outside of our home due to the missing furniture.

everything!

This is my second time to write. I ordered my bedroom furniture on April 3, 2007. I picked up my furniture May 15,2007. My bedposts were busted up and discolored. My dresser was wrong and did not match my bed. I called the store and everyone was very rude and did not want to help. Finally I spoke with Dave Waldman and he assured me that the bedposts would be reordered immediately and allowed me to come in and get a new dresser and mirror. I was told that it would take about 7-10 business days for my new stuff to be delivered and my old stuff to be picked up and that someone would give me a call during the week. I got no call during the week, so on Monday May 28,2007 I called the customer service number in Mississippi and they told me that no bedposts had been ordered-like they were supposed to have been ordered on May 15th- and that my dresser was here in Memphis and they had called and left me a message. there was no message or call. This was a lie. The bedposts had not been ordered at all. This was another lie. The lady in customer service (Amanda) explained that we could not get our new dresser delivered until the bedposts(that were not ordered when they were supposed to be ordered) came in because they were not going to make two trips- We also realized that our rails on our bed were manufactured wrong and do not fit- one hook is going the wrong way on one of them. We called Dave Waldman back about this matter and asked why the bedposts were not ordered and why we had to wait because of your company's mistake-he had it arranged to have our dresser and mirror delivered today(may 31,2007) And we were assured on May 28,2007 that our rails had been ordered. Well, today our dresser arrives and there is no mirror- the mirror we have fits the old dresser not the new one- why would we pick out a dresser and mirror to only receive a dresser? So I call customer service today about the mirror and find out that not only is this wrong- but that my rails have not yet been ordered when I was told on Monday that they were being ordered. I am so fed up with this. I paid 1471.00 cash for this almost 2 months ago. I just want you to know that my fiance and i are young. We are 24 and 25. We will be buying a house in about a year- and NONE of our furniture will come from Ashley EVER. This is the most unorganized unhelpful experience I have ever had with anyone. At this point I want all of this incorrect furniture picked up and my money returned. I can go to Macy's or Royal or anywhere else and not deal with this. Your TV advertisements are false advertising- you claim "the best customer service" "the best furniture" its not true. I will be talking top someone about refunding my money and picking up this furniture-the contract reads "all sales are final" but the sale is not final until my products that I paid for are correct and here and they are not.

• Am
    Amy McCain Aug 30, 2007

My finance and I are starting to go through what you have mentioned. We have waited 7 weeks for our furniture and received a call yesterday that we would have to wait an additional 3 weeks. We are not interested in waiting almost 3 months for our bedroom set! It is very frustrating! To add to it they have stated they will charge us a 30% cancellation fee!!!! My finance and I are in the market for a new living room, and kitchen set and we will NOT be shopping at Ashleys!

ridiculous customer service!

I was buying a new home - it was under construction. I saw a dining room table I wanted and bought it. However, upon further measurement, I realized that the table was to big. I told the manager / owner that I wanted to cancel my order. She said there was a no cancellation policy and that I had to get. I explain that it had not been delivered and that it won't fit - she said she couldn't help me. I took it a step further. I told her I would purchase another (smaller) set and anything else to make up the cost (2800 dollars). She said NO, I ordered it and had to get it. There was no refund and no cancellation. Well, when they delivered my to large table, two of the chairs were missing -- they said they hadn't come in so I said well lets cancel them - hahaha was pretty much her response. Not to mention the table had niks in it and they called coloring them in with a coloring pencil fixing it. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN.

PS: I called a store in Atlanta and got so many different answers regarding this situation it was ridiculous.

LaGrange doesn't have many furniture stores but I will pay a delivery fee to another city before I buy from Ashley's again.

bad quality couches

After Hurricane Katrina devastated the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I purchased 2 leather sofas from Ashley Home...

check your furniture before accepting delivery!

Buyer beware of Ashley's. I recently bought a leather sofa and loveseat that costs almost $2600 with...

damaged furniture delivered!

I am writing this complaint in regards to coffee tables purchased at Ashley Furniture. I purchased these...

Resolved very unpleasant experience

On 1/14 I went to the Ashley Furniture Homestore in Bowling Green, KY, and ordered a sofa, a loveseat, a dining table and six chairs. Then they delivered all the items on 1/25. At delivery they found that the sofa has a cut and they took it back. They told me that the store would contact me to reorder or solve the problem. But nobody called me. After waiting for two weeks I called them but didn't receive any responses. A guy told me to call me back after he checked the status. Again nobody ever called! After waiting for another week I began to lose my patience and rushed to the store on 2/16.

In the store they checked the records and found out that they ordered the replacement but it seems that it disappeared. They thought that it might be sold to somebody else. I waited there for 40 minutes just for them to check the status and reorder. How inefficient! They told me that since it's a new store the system was in a mess...But is it the customer's responsibility to have 500% patience because of their poor operation and their worker's inefficiency? I stayed cool and was patient when I was waiting there. Then a guy told me that he would call me once the order goes into the system.

No calls after almost another two weeks. Today (2/27) I called to check again and the guy seemed not patient at all. He said that he would call me back...was he kidding? Would he call me back?

So basically after a month and a half I'm still waiting for my sofa and I don't know when I'm going to get it...I'm really sick of rushing into the store again...

By the way, their furniture is really cheap with low quality-but that's what I can afford right now. The table and the chairs have many tiny black holes and dots. I didn't complain about that because I think that's the worth of $460 for a dining set. Can low quality and cheap be the reasons that they screw up customers like this?

• Si
    Silverwings2012 Oct 26, 2019

10 Effective Ways to Complain About a Company Online

Why does it sometimes seem like prices keep going up and the level of customer service keeps going down? In this economy, we want to make sure that every dime we spend is warranted. Everywhere you go, the prices are higher, and it seems you are getting less for your money. Or maybe you’re okay spending the money for an item, but when you get it home the quality is bad or the item arrives broken. Can you do anything about this trend? Yes, you can.
    Check out 10 effective ways and online destinations to file complaints that a company will pay attention to.
    1. Go to the company website.
    The first thing you should do is go to the company website and contact customer service with an explanation of what happened. Don’t go in expecting a lot, but if you received rude service, they will probably apologize and offer you some sort of discount to entice you back. If there is no customer service, write to the manager or CEO. Direct your complaint to whoever is listed on the site, and let them know specifically what happened, when it happened, and where it happened. Many times problems can be resolved without a lot of fuss.
    2. Contact the Better Business Bureau.
    Write to your Better Business Bureau. This used to mean taking out pen and paper and snail mailing a letter to them, but not anymore. You can go online to this site and fill out a complaint about a company. The nature of the complaint will determine where you go from there.
    3. Contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
    The Federal Trade Commission will investigate a company if it knows about wrongdoing. In order for it to know, people need to file complaints. These complaints often display a pattern of wrongdoing that the FTC will then investigate, which will be beneficial for you and anyone else who has been scammed by a company. Go to this website, and there’s a button you can click on and fill out your complaint. It’s as easy as that. You don’t have to provide a lot of personal information, but if you don’t, that may limit the amount of investigating the FTC can do.
    4. Check out the scam report.
    Not only is this a good site to post your complaint on; it’s a good site to check out before you go and spend money at businesses. Problems that people have had are listed here. This site prides itself on the fact that it will not remove complaining posts from the site even if threatened. While that might not be good if someone chooses to complain about a competitor and the complaint is full of false information, it is good in light of deep-pocket companies that think they can buy and bully people into doing what they want.
    5. Email [email protected]
    This is the email address to use to file your complaint with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission Consumer Fraud department. This is the place to send complaints about spam and frauds on the internet.
    6. Try Yelp.
    This powerhouse site lets customers rate local businesses of all kinds. If a business is not delivering on its promises, you can write a review on Yelp. Many businesses work hard to protect their online reputation, and public forums like Yelp are a great way to offer your experiences, good or bad.
    7. Post on Planet Feedback.
    Similar to scam report, this is a site where you can post a complaint and other people can weigh in on what you are complaining about. Sometimes they will agree with you, but often they don’t and try to point out another point of view.
    8. Google your attorney general.
    If you google your state, you will be able to find an email address for your attorney general. Once you have an email address, sit down and write a concise letter that includes the details of what happened. If the attorney general gets several letters on the same subject, they are more likely to launch an investigation.
    9. Post on Pissed Consumer.
    If you don’t get satisfaction from one of these sites, try another one. Here is yet another site (Pissed Consumer) where you can post a complaint. There’s no telling which one of these sites someone will read, so if you are trying to warn people about a rip-off you may want to post your experience on multiple sites.
    10. Visit Resolver.
    This site is different from others in that you don’t just vent herein order to get something off your chest or to warn others away from a business. If you want a resolution to your situation, try this site because you complain through this site, and it makes sure that your complaint gets to where it needs to go. Seventy-six percent of the people who complain through this site get a response. Of those who got a response, 86% were happy or satisfied with the end results. It’s definitely worth a try.
    While some of us enjoy going toe-to-toe with people at a store, I understand that others don’t like conflict. But these individuals also don’t want to be a victim and want to prevent the same thing from happening to other people.
    That said, we highly recommend that you cool off before posting your complaints. This way you can speak to the facts. One way of ensuring you’re not just reacting emotionally is to wait a day or two before posting a review, so that you’re working with a clear mind unmuddled by emotion. It’s only fair.

Resolved shocking customer treatment!

My husband and I were extremely shocked by the way we were treated at the Wilmington,NC store.We went to order 6 chairs after receiving 4 coupons valued at $25.00 each.(1 per purchase)Since we have bought furniture there previously because it is less expensive furniture.(Cheaper made also that's why)But this is what we can afford.We asked if we could use the 4 coupons.

The manager said YES, but we would have to come in and order 1 per day.( These are their rules when it says see store for details). So we said "that would be fine,Thank You that would save us $100 total and we would go ahead and order this way.We came in each day and the store employees knew this was the agreement so they knew to write up 1 chair each day until they were all ordered.The last day when we came in the store employees scattered like ants!!! NO one wanted to speak to us.They finally said they would not honor their original agreement.The next day I went in for my refund and the owner was so nasty and yelled at me saying I tried to Rip her off.I was stunned!! I could not believe how she went on in front of everyone.She left the counter and left me standing there for 24 minutes while she got my check.Again she came back this time nasty and rude.When I tried to tell her this is what I was told to do,she continued yelling I tried to Rip her off. All they had to say was No from the beginning. I was so embarassed by her behavior, how could a store owner treat a customer this way.

• Sr
    Srini Jan 21, 2008

Looks like all Ahsley stores are like that. We went to one in south of DE, they were nice until we are ready to buy. The payment clarks are very rude. I will never go to any Ashley store in life time!!

• Je
    Jen R. Apr 14, 2008

I went to the same Wilmington, NC store and the manager named Donna was probably the same one you dealt with. She was very argumentative and defensive when we asked questions. I was ready to purchase a set there but she really turned me off.

• Un
    unhappy cosumer Apr 09, 2010

My husband and I went to buy a sofa set that we liked and were ready get that day in Wilmington NC. When we walked in we were met by a sales associate who gave us a coupon sheet. upon reading the sheet we found that we could save a few hundred dollars on our sofa b/c we were spending a over a thousand dollars. We picked our sofa and were ready to have it ordered for us.First we asked about delivery and they were going to charge us an extra ninty dollars to go 4 miles. Then when the manager saw that we planned to use the coupon they had just given us when we walked into the store he refused to honor it saying that the coupon was a typo and was only for mattresses. My husband who is in sales tried to talk to the guy saying this was just given to us when we walked in and was amazed how the guy reacted, rude, basically told us we were cheap, and could care less if left and didn't buy anything. We left and when we got home we called the next nearest AShley furniture store to us, Shallote NC. We told them our story and about the coupon the owner said they would love to have our business, honored our coupn and gave us free delivery. To anyone in wilmington, look for furniture at the store in Wilmington but buy it from Shallote store!!

James4455 Apr 18, 2011

It is Wilmington, North Carolina to blame. This is a town full of ignorant red necks. I am surprised they didn't call the police on you when you argued your point. You are correct, they are at fault, but they are backed up by the most ignorant injustice system this country has to offer, the SOUTH. You know the people vote in the idiots who sit on the benches here, don't you? If not, keep trying to get justice, and stand your ground when the half brains who run these stores continue to rip you off. You may wind up in front of a judge who puts you in jail for standing up for your rights. Here in Wilmington, NC they will consider your point "contempt" and you'll be in jail before you know it.

• Pe
    Peg Bradley-Doppesa Jul 13, 2017

Worst furniture experience in my life. The customer service is horrible, they flat out lied to me. I bought an entire living room set, lamps, tables, couch, chairs, ottomans and paid for it. Was told by them in a text that the furniture was going to be delivered on June 26, 2017 and was also informed by Ashley that their company policy was they would not take the old furniture away. I offered to pay additional and they said I would have to get the old furniture out so that they could deliver. I paid to have the old furniture taken away by an outside group. Then, on June 26th I received a text saying the furniture was not going to be delivered and that they didn't know when it was going to be delivered. I called Ashley Furniture and talked to three different levels of management, all three lied to me.
    I ended up buying everything (better quality and certainly better service from Summehome. Stay away from Ashley Furniture, you will be glad you did!

• Co
    corocat Sep 19, 2017

I ordered a headboard that was supposed to be "cream" in color and is clearly a beige gray, doesn't go with my decor at all. When I asked if I could return it they told me there would be a restocking fee! Really?! Very dissatisfied with their customer service. Now I'm living with a headboard I hate that doesn't match my decor.

Resolved damaged furniture, extremely poor customer service!

My family and I recently purchased a much larger home in Jacksonville, FL. We purchased several rooms of furniture at Ashley's in St.Johns Center.

The sales staff was friendly but appeared very hungry and swarming upon entering the store. We encountered nothing but problems while dealing with this store/company. First purchased was a master bedroom set. The bedroom set was delivered damaged. A huge, noticeable chunk was missing out of the wooden bed frame. After many phone calls and appointments, this piece was replaced. Next, came the bar stools, again delivered broken. Many more phone calls until they were replaced. Last set delivered was a large heavy dining room set complete with a buffet and a hutch. The buffet was not with the order and we weren't advised until the truck arrived. The pieces that were delivered had multiple scratchs and nicks. Delivery driver took some kind of greasy cream and rubbed it into several of the scratches. Looked horrible and very noticeable especially since all pieces were sitting next to a large window. Many phone calls later and a repairman was sent out to access the problem. He ordered a new table top and new chairs and was extremely upset at the quick and dirty repair job that the delivery man tried to do. Table top was delivered several weeks later. Different delivery staff and they were ready to drop, exchange and run. They couldn't believe that I would expect such a thing as assembly. More scratches in that table top and now in the new chairs delivered. Done by the inadequate employees? We filed another service request and this time a different examiner was sent. He refused to replace any of the damaged pieces and "repaired" them. Not to our satisfactions but we left it drop, we were tired of dealing with the store. We thought that was the last of them and vowed to never purchase from such a store again when another problem arose.

The bedroom set that was purchased just about one year prior was falling apart. A 5 drawer dresser had what we thought was defective wood used to anchor the drawer sides in. Many, many calls and explanations of the story and finally they agreed to send someone out. First we were told that we must have had water damage, not true then we were told that we had the furniture too close to an air conditioner vent, again not true. The last was a "bug eating" at the wood. No other evidence of anything in the house, house had recently been purchased and was inspected for termites, etc. prior to sale. They took pictures and refused to repair or replace, it was now my problem since it was over THREE DAYS FROM DELIVERY, yes 3 days???? We sent them letters, called many times but with out so much as advice on how to handle. We fixed the rotted wood, sprayed several times with consumer purchased termite spray and thought that all was fine. Now, approximately 3 months later the drawers are breaking again in different spots. We had another bug inspection done of the dwelling and are termite/bug free. We were advised that Powder Post Beetles are residing in only the dresser and feasting. Had to come from the factory/warehouse, etc. Solutions to combat this are replace the dresser, fumigate with extremely toxic chemicals, or replace the wood infested pieces and hope that this is the last of them??? What do you think that our chances are of Ashleys making good on any of these options??? This was all a very expensive lesson learned. We didn't buy the cheapest in the store, went for the more expensive, higher end, "better built" or so we thought. DON'T BUY FROM ASHLEYS! WE ARE TELLING ALL THAT WE KNOW OR MEET IN OUR VERY TRANSIENT AREA.

• Mi
    Michaelstern22 Jul 04, 2018

I just bought a sectional and the beetles are in the feet of the furniture! They are crawling all over my floor now. They won’t do anything to help.

horrible customer service! no refund!

I ordered a sleigh bed from Ashley furniture in April to be delivered April 30, 2006. My furniture was not...

I strongly recommend not to buy from ashley furniture

I ordered a leather sofa on 7/4/2006, it was delivered on 7/22/2006. When I first sat on it, it wasn't...

poor service!

My name is Ankur Vaidya I live in South Plainfield, NJ and work as a field engineer for a Construction Design...

I will copy this letter and give it to my attorney

I made a large purchase to furnish my new home in Keller, Texas in December 04' and moved in 2005 to...