Ashley Furniture / leather den set (and 2 reclining chairs)

1 Hoover, AL, United States
Phone: 205-560-2222

For over 28 months I have been told a bundle of lies from this Hoover, ALabama store--We told the deilvery personnel that something was wrong with one of the leather reclining chairs and they said they cannot take it back oncee we signed for delivery but if we contact the store they will take care of it by replacing it. I fought with this store for 14 months before they told me the store warranty ends 12 months after delivery--they would then send a "repair" man to fix the torn leather, and bent metal interior--all he did was force screw the entire right side of the chair together with long screws--it continues to rip the leather, feels like a bed of rocks, and the mechanism does not work properly. I then focused my attention on the warranty company (I was charged over $400 for this additional warranty) and they said they will only fix the issue one time then that issue is no longer under warranty--I asked them to fix the entire chair by replacing--rather than piecemeal--they laughed--they mailed me some leather skin and some metal parts 11 months ago--neither the warranty company nor the Hoover Alabama store would contact me to have this fixed. As of 5-15-09 I have been in contact with the General Store Manager (JohnnyMartin) and also sent a scathing email to the company--Johnny states the set has been discontinued and now he can only hope to fix it rather than replace it---we'll see...ion the mean time I have spent $14, 432 for all 3 kids rooms to be re-furnished (not at ASHLEY) and also over $7, 392 in other furniture (Not at ASHLEY) and also looking for a complete office suite (~$5, 000)...and yes they were told of this also--I also sent them copies of receipts so they would understand I was not just making this up...I WILL NEVER ALLOW ONE RED CENT TO GO TO ASHLEY FURNITURE IN MY REMAINING LIFETIME.

Marc