Ashley Furniture / cancel order
I placed an order for a couch/loveseat that was ordered through interest free financing and received credit through Citi Financial. I in turn canceled the order as I found better items through another store. I was told that the order was already on its way and that I would have to pay a 20% restocking fee or take a store credit. Obviously I will not pay a restocking fee, and a store credit is just not an option as I don't need any further furniture (I was told I had to use it within 60 days of "purchase"). So I called Citi Financial, who shows my account at a $0 balance. I canceled the card completely so no purchases can be placed on it. Has anyone else ever had this situation, and if so, how did you handle it? I worry that they will now try to charge a closed account or bill me for the balance. Also, as a side note, they are trying to get me for a store credit that includes sales tax as well as warranty and delivery charge, adding an additional $332.43. These items are not merchandise and should not be included in what the store deems as placing on store credit.
More Ashley Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Ashley Furniture - peeling leather couch 
- Ashley Furniture - not honoring warranty 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore` - exchange or refund policy! 
- Ashley Furniture - damaged furniture delivered! 
- Ashley Furniture - check your furniture before accepting delivery! 
- Ashley Furniture Industries - tyler creek dining room table and chairs
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - tempurpedic mattress and adjustable base
- Ashley Furniture Industries - warranty not fully explained at point of sale by sales people.
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - entire experience
- Ashley Furniture Industries - damaged furniture delivered...