Argos / mattress faulty in under a year
I placed an order with Argos on 18/3/2014 .The order was for £297.42 including a dalton 4ft6 bed
frame and a mattress. M y complaint is with the mattress on this order . The mattress proved faulty before the year was out.
I used the Live Chat on the Argos website and spoke to a member Argos staff on 6/3/15 and he told me the mattress was covered by a 1 year warranty. I could choose a replacement mattress or buy another one, and if higher in value, could pay the difference.
I asked him if Argos needed to view the mattress and he said and I quote here:
" We don't come to view the
mattress, we trust our customers, and if you say
the item is faulty, we are happy to exchange it
for a different mattress of your choice as we can
no longer supply the same one"
When I subsequently used the chat service to try to sort the matter out another member of Argos staff told me they needed the old mattress.
I do not have it as I dumped it. I had no where to store it and from the words of their staff I got the feeling they were not interested in viewing the mattress before I ordered a replacement. Every time, without exception, when you take items back to Argos, they always inspect or "view" the goods before they change them or refund you. When I was told they had no interest in viewing the faulty item, I naturally thought it was up to me to dispose of the item accordingly.
As a result, they are refusing to honour the warranty, and I am £110 out of pocket!!
More Argos Complaints & Reviews
- Argos - Taking money for products which are not available 
- Argos Ltd - Do Not EVER Work for Argos!!
- Argos - Threatening delivery staff 
- Argos - andrea sofa - appaulling quality 
- Argos - Argos complaint 
- Argos - hi sense 50 inch tv 
- Argos - it is a lose, lose situation with argos
- Argos - Do not on any account buy an iphone from argos, until you have read this message
- Argos UK - Complaint
- Argos - Phone screen cracked cannot get it replaced anywhere.