Applebees Restuarant / bill

Aberdeen, MD, United States Review updated:
My daughter and I ate at Aberdeen Applebees on December 17, 2007. The meal was good and the service was good. I gave an 18 percent tips. When I got my credit card receipt of my dinner it showed $10.00 more than what I spent, this makes me believe that the waitress gave herself more tips than I put on the check. This is called Theft, and should not be happening. I probably won't eat at another Applebees again because of this. If someone walked out on their bill the restuarant can charge the person with theft, what can be don't when a waitress adds more tips to the bill after the client has left, this is theft too and should be dealt with. I work in law enforcement and this isn't giving Applebee's a very good reputation.

Comments

Sc
  2nd of Jan, 2008
Have you contacted your credit card to dispute the charge? They would be the ones to investigate if the tip was placed as incorrect, they would require the copy of the slip from that Applebee's.

Pablo
Je
  11th of Jan, 2008
Ypu should not have signed the credit card reciept if you had any dispute with the charge.Perhaps the waitress made a mistake when she entered the total.
Ki
  19th of Jan, 2008
Some restuarants also put the tip charge in automatically but at end of night the actual charge is what the reciept states. Charlie Browns is good for this... I used credit card & when I got home I happened to look at bill, I called the restuarant and sure enough they included the tip but at end of night they ring up as what the exact charge was.. yes , I contacted CC co to watch this charge and this is their practice. They say most people who use their CC to pay for meal also includes Tip when you give separately always put a zero with huge line across or write given in CASH. When my statement came sure enough it was what I ACTUALLY signed for.
Sa
  18th of Feb, 2008
I wouldn't be so harsh to call the server a theif. maybe that's because i am a server who is dealing with this at the moment from a customer i had tonite. Many cc compainies automatically put in 20%-25% tip when you use their card at the restaurant. at the end of the night when the restaurant calls them through THEN they adjust it to what the tip actually was. In my case, our manager recieved the phone call an hour after the lady left... we were slammed and i didn't have the time to go through to claim any of my electronic tips let alone hers (which we are supposed to do at the end of the night anyway)... our manager even was there with me then when i claimed my tips that night and saw that i put in that i received cash for hers... i wish people weren't so stupid and would know the policies of their credit cards... it would have saved me a lot of hassle.

Applebee's Restaurants Logo Applebee's Restaurants