Applebee's / bad food

1 Jacksonville, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 217 243-3654

I just returned home from dining at our local Applebee's. First I do not want any credit or gift certificate. I am contacting you only to make you aware that one of your stores is not measering up in the quality of food I have come to expect from Applebee's.
I purchaed a Burbon Street steak at the Jacksonville, Illinois Applebee's and it was without a doubt the worst piece of meat I have ever eaten. I did not complain at the time because the waitress was excellent and i knew she could do nothing about the extremelt poor quality of meat purchased at this restaurant. I am only contacting you because someone has invested in this establishment and needs to know there is a big problem at this location. I will not go back to this Applebee's!

Comments

Co
  7th of Apr, 2010

I can say from being a recent employee of Applebees they also force their servers to either work while they are sick which is against board of health rules or fire them I have currently filed an unemployment claim against Applebees after being fired for taking time off with strept throat. I showed up to work and was forced to work a 13 hour shift on a Monday and by the following day when I was due back in at 10 I was not able to make it. I called in and immediately followed up with my doctors the next morning at 8 am I took my doctors note into work by 9am and was fired since they were already running short handed and just could not afford to cover that many shifts. I had been told before by the same management that if I did not come into work I had to provide a doctors note but that if I showed up running a fever they would not ask any questions. The over all concern here is that they cover the floor weather it is with people who should be working or not so long as questions are not asked. They also provide no type of medical benefits but demand documentation if your sick at all. My problem is even after providing such documentation I was still fired. This was at a Indianapolis Indiana North Side location

Se
  14th of Oct, 2010

I work at an applebees and have been forced to work while having the h1n1 flu virus, was written up for calling in when I had laryngitis, tonsillitis, and strep throat at the same time, and was also written up after calling in due to an injury that I got WHILE I was WORKING. All times I called with advanced notice. All times I was written up. All times not a single member of management tried to replace my shift, yet lectured me about the inconvenience of being short staffed. For Applebees, priority number one is making a dollar, and employee and food safety fall much farther down on the list. That is if they even care at all.

La
  1st of Feb, 2011

applebees is a peice of [censor]