Applebee'sterrible experience

On October 3rd of 2008, I went to my local Applebee's and order Chicken Parmesan to go, which I have ordered numerous times before. When I got home, 5 minutes away, I was very very unhappy with the quality of the food. I immediately went online to Applebees.com and filled out a complaint form. They promised to reply within 2-3 business days, but never contacted me. The next week, I sent a few more messages to their site, but still never got a reply. On Saturday, October 11th, I called the home office at the number listed on the receipt (which I gave to one of the managers the next day). Again, I got no response, no phone call, no e-mail, nothing. So on Sunday, October 12th, I went to the restaurant to speak to a manager. I spoke to Michael. He claimed George, the GM, tried to call me at work but that 'I was no longer employed there'. This was an outright lie, as I didn't even give Applebee's my work number or name of company! So Michael took my cell phone number, and George called me the next day. So, on Monday, October 13th, George called and apologized for what I had been through and for the poor quality of my order. He promised to contact his district office and have them send me some gift cards for my troubles and unhappiness. I assumed he would call or e-mail them the next day. Well, Wednesday came and nothing in my mailbox. Thursday, nothing. Friday, still nothing. And again, NO phone calls, NO e-mails, NO nothing. I have spent countless hours e-mailing, on the phone, and driving around just trying to get this poor quality food issue resolved. I've been constantly ignored, never contacted by anyone at the corporate level, never re-compensated for the $11.99 I spent, and even put up with a rude hostess.

• Mi
    Mikeinator Jun 06, 2009

Okay, first of all, you say you live 5 minutes away, so why not drive back and get it fixed right away? Secondly, why not call the restaurant instead of going to the website? If you call right away they will take care of it for you. Lastly, why waste all this extra time ### about $12. If you were too ignorant to do one of the first two things I mentioned, who cares that you're out $13 now, now you're just wasting everyone's time.