Apple Vacations / late flight

1 Rochelle, IL, United States Review updated:

I have taken 5 Apple Vacations and have had problems with at least 3 of them. My husband & I were going to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico the first week of February, 2010. Our flight was scheduled to leave O'Hare at 6:30 a.m. All of the passengers were boarded & then the captain came on & asked us to de-board as the windshield needed to be replaced. Long story short, we did not get out of O'Hare until 4:00 p.m. Apple Vacations owns their own airline & doesn't partner with anyone else, therefore they couldn't bring in another plane to take us, nor did they have another USA3000 plane available, so we sat at the airport all day. Why be there at 4:00 a.m. for a 6:30 a.m. flight if we are going to lose our entire first day at the resort? This is not the first time this has happened with Apple Vacations.

Jd

Comments

• Ai
      15th of Feb, 2010

I think you're barking up the wrong tree... Apple Vacations doesn't own their own planes. It uses commercial airlines and some chartered companies as well. Apple has nothing to do with this delay - it's "mechanical" on the side of the airline and I can assure you it wasn't planned. Do you think they get a kick out of having 200 pissed off people yelling at them? Is that why they decided to break the windshield? Just think about it for a second and you will see that this was done right: better to take a delay than to take a chance and fly just to crash...

• Ne
      13th of Jan, 2011

I agree with the last person. Seriously, how is this Apple Vacations or the airliness fault? This could have happened to anyairline or vendor. safety first