[Resolved] Ap9 Value Max - Intelius / unauthorized credit card charges
While attempting to find a long lost friend through a name search on the AT&T White Pages (www.anywho.com) to no avail, I was offered a link through this website to assist in locating the person I was looking for. The hyper link brought me to http://www.intelius.com/ - where I was offered the cell phone number of the contact I was looking for a charge of $1.95. This charge was processed on 11/15 to Intelius. Then on 11/17 I noticed a new charge on my credit card for $19.95 to "AP9 ValueMax". I contacted my credit card company who then including me on a conference call with a representative of "AP9ValueMax".
The woman Nova at this phone number [protected] agreed to refund my "membership charge" of $19.95 within 5 days (we'll see!). I also got Nova to admit to both my representative at my credit card company (Bank of America) and me that "Ap9 ValueMax" also does business as "Intelius" and "Simpleescapes" and "galleriausa". These firms are all the same. Please note the other posts from other individuals that have been through this nightmare. If you are not proactive and cut the initial charges off these firms will continue to charge your credit card until you put a stop to them charging your credit card.
The one item that stuns me is that a reputable firm such as AT&T and the White Pages does business with such a scam type company. Be very weary of simple inexpensive charges over the internet ! BUYER BEWARE!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
If you select a promotional price on the Intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of Identity Protect. After the 7 day trial, it will convert to a regular subscription and bill out at $19.95 monthly.
However, there’s no obligation. If you determine within the 7 day trial that you no longer want Identity Protect, you can cancel your service anytime, online or over the phone with a customer support representative.
It sounds like you have also accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.
More Ap9 Value Max - Intelius Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Intelius - stop billing me 
- [Resolved] Intelius People Search - www.intelius.com - intelius - beware it's a rip-off! 
- [Resolved] Int*intelius Sb - I was charged and have no idea what that is 
- Ino*intelius.com / Sb - repeated unauthorized charges 
- [Resolved] Intelius - scam 
- [Resolved] Intelius - kuttimani anbazhagan - wanted criminal by tamilnadu police - loc issued - gc holder - absconding and trying to get us citizenship
- Intelius - misleading advertising 
- Intelius - intelius removed money from my bank account without my explicit knowledge or permission.
- Intelius - repeated charges on my credit card
- Intelius.com - bait and switch. single report $1.00 but billed $30