Anytime Fitness Henderson NZnot honoring one month free membership

Our year contract was up so visited Anytime Fitness (Henderson, New Zealand) to return fob key and have memberships cancelled. Were told to phone up, which we did the following day. Was told we had to give one month notice. When we joined we had one month free membership given and that was to be our final month. Now told we can’t do this and when we asked to speak to manager he said would sort but had staff rang me back to say we had to pay the 30 day cancellation. We then rang again on the 16th Jan 17 to speak with owner twice, but he was busy we left messages and on last call told staff member would come in after work to discuss the last month being free. When arrived was told by owner I didn’t have appointment so he couldn’t spare me five minutes to discuss stopping the payments I was extremely frustrated at this point that this was going nowhere & verbalized this (yes, angrily) at which point he had me arrested and trespassed from the gym, but is still happy to take my money for the next month. All we want is the gym to honor the free month membership we were given when joined the gym, instead of charging the month cancellation. Can anyone help resolve this?

An