American home shield / lied about service requirements on a/c

repair man came and determined that the a/c wasn't covered since it had "dirty coils" and wanted $1300 to clean and repair unit. Of course he did not take the unit apart to see the coils...he must be superman as he could see right through the unit to make this determination. I called another company at my expense and it was only low on freon. Done with service call for less then the service call from American Home Shield

American Home Shield did not return the original thief's service call fee or take any action at all!

We

Comments

• Pb
      7th of Jun, 2015

Would not coverage AC replacement.
    I also have had a bad experience with AHS. My AC compressor unit stopped working. Called AHS and they sent out a repair man who took less than 5 min to look at my unit. He informed me the compressor was fired. When I called AHS to follow up with my claim they informed me my claim was declined do to "the coils were dirty" from lack of maintenance and therefore declined my claim. Told me I had to get a second opinion and pay for it out of pocket and pay to replace the unit and then ask for reimbursement. I contacted another air conditioner repair company who came and examined my unit and told me that the compressor failed due to normal wear and tear and for no other reason. AHS still refused to reimburse me. This is definitely a scam company. DO NOT USE THEM..

• Da
      25th of Nov, 2015

I have a dishwasher that was not working properly. The contractor said the dishwasher needed a new motor, but he refused to write it down on the report. He said he needed to talk to American Home Shield first. The repairman told American Home Shields that my dishwasher was working properly. He lied. Don't use this company because the repairman and American Home Shield are working together to denied claims at the homeowner expense.