American Express Credit Card / reduced my credit line; suspend the card
I used American Express Credit card for over 5 years, it is un-limited credit card. I always made full payment until last year my econimal situation became worse. However I still made payment to meet the minimum payment request every month. But American Express suddenly reduced my limit to $3000 and stopped my using cash advance, which resulted me big inconvenience.
This month, I have a statement, due day is Dec.10, 2010. I got the statement late and made payment exactly on Dec.10. Since this card is linked with my ESSO speedpass, I found I couldn't fill the gas with speedpass. then I realized this card was suspended. I also use this card for cell phone automatically payment etc. The suspending my card has brought me trouble, I have to call and change credit card. My question is even they didn't receive the payment on time, they can charge me interest, why should they suspend my card? (My balance is only $1400, the limit is $3000.)
I have made full payment and decided cancelling this card.
More American Express Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - perfect credit/25 year member amex cancelled
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - my card 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - customer service, zero help! 
- American Express - credit card/ my account was closed without my permission
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - american express - car hire mileage [ref: 180222-004261]