AMC Theatre / zero tolerance - noise makers

1 St Louis St Charles, MO, United States Review updated:

ZERO Tolerance!!! With the price of movies there should be a ZERO Tolerance for everyone! PERIOD!! I'm so tired of seeing babies, toddlers and kids (under the age of 12) in Rated- R movies...after 8-9pm!! What’s going on with society? The movie companies state that their “Family” oriented but I don't understand why they would allow such a disgrace to their establishment, name and affiliates...If I choose to go to the movies, I must pay and encounter these kids CRYING, RUNNING, TALKING, the TEXTING LIGHT, PHONE RINGING, etc. during the movie- I ask, why go? A few weeks ago, as I watched the movie 'Legion' (Rated- R), the children (there were 6 kids there under the age of 5) started to repeat the language...one child yelled the 'F' word out loud!!! One lady had a baby that kept crying (age: under 1). Another lady with her baby kept walking in and out of the theatre due to the cries from her baby, at one point she stood in the walk-way (WITH HER CRYING BABY) and watched the movie! Totally disturbing EVERYONE….Are you kidding me!!??!! Others and myself had complained about the children- management sent an orderlie. He came in, walked across the main isle walkway and left. No one was escorted out, nothing was done…Managements response is comical. The children and kids are running this ADULT themed business. I guess your company is in it for the money- only! Wonder how many CHILDREN have seen nudity scenes at your establishment? There’s nothing wrong with saying NO! If someone was about to drive drunk, sounds like your establishment would give them the keys and tell them have a good day and drive safe! Now understand that I mean no harm or intent by that statement but what message are you sending to these kids? Their friends are working at the Theatres so it’s easy access for them. I can walk into a Theatre and see several employees standing, walking and talking to other employees- these hourly-paid individuals should be standing in front of the Rated- R doors asking for the ticket. If someone does slip in, management and a policeman should escort him or her out. This ‘show and tell’ will allow everyone to see that this type of behavior and disturbance will NOT be tolerated. The policemen are already at the establishment, use them- that’s why their there. Now, we all know that 'some' parents allow their children to see whatever- this is the only way they'll be able to catch the movie. The care of their children disturbing others is excluded. This is when an establishment says 'NO' to those parents attempting to see a Rated - R movies after hours- with kids. How can 'WE' plan a get-a-way when there's no environment to GET AWAY! Please change and FORCE the rule that NO CHILDREN are ALLOWED IN NC RATED and RATED- R MOVIES!!! What's the point of having a RATED- R code when ANYONE can bring whom he or she want regardless of age!!??! I guess I should ask- why would your establishment allow a 4yr-old, 10 yr-old and the 13-teen/ 15-teen year-olds to purchase (or allowed) a Rated- R or NC rated movie? I’ve seen the 17/18 and 19 yr-olds who’ve brought kids to watch these R rated movies- You can definitely tell that a 19 yr-old is NOT the parent of a 13 yr-old…but no one says anything. I’ve complained several times! Management provides a ‘Free’ ticket and a sorry. Are you kidding me?? This is not resolving the issue! I’d rather someone tell me that the company is in the business of MONEY by ANY MEANS NECESSARY! Primarily informing me that I should NOT close my Blockbuster account. In closing, maybe the executives should join the 'Undercover Boss' series and checkout your establishments!!! It's comical and embarrassing! Wonder if the local news would enjoy this? Don’t complain about society’s children when your participating in the demise of every child you allow in your establishing unlawfully. Again, what’s the point of having any ‘Rates’ on movies when ANYONE can buy a ticket and watch!

Comments

• Ti
      22nd of Feb, 2010

OP,
    I understand your frustration, however, the theater has little to say over who can and cannot watch movies. The MPAA makes the guidelines and the theaters have to follow them. These guidelines dictate the children (any age) can view R-rated films if accompanied by an adult. If AMC were to deny a family tickets to a movie based on the fact that they had a child with them, then the company would surely have many lawsuits on their hands, as well as the ACLU protesting outside.