Menu
AMC Theatres
reviews & complaints

AMC Theatres
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

285 complaints
29 resolved 256 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of AMC Theatres. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
9:18 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was standing in the priory lane for AMC pay stubs members. The concession guy that’s working service 4 people ahead of me they are white. Then it’s my turn he skipped me and went to the other white lady on the other lane. Not a priority amc member lane. So I approached the guy and said excuse me 3 times, he wasn’t answering then the lady customer started...

N
7:56 pm EDT

AMC Theatres - Refund

I just returned from the Batman movie in Menlo mall. I went to the 4:00 showing in theater 1 and had a terrible experience. While I was trying to watch the film there were two families who would not keep their children quiet and were disruptive the whole time. The children kept talking loudly and one of the kids started throwing popcorn at me and turning around and saying stuff to me and harassing me. Then the children proceeded to get out of their seats and play tag around the outside seats of the theater.

Desired outcome: I would really appreciate a refund because I could not pay attention to the movie the whole time.

A
10:49 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good morning, firstly I’ve been bringing my children to this theater for years and have never dealt with the unprofessional attitude of an employee. As I was waiting for the door to open, my son was standing in front of me. Apparently with an attitude the manager came to the door and said “ you didn’t hear I said to come in” and then walked away. Is that...

2:17 am EDT

AMC Theatres - Food order not delivered (2nd time)

I’ve gone to the Marina Del Rey dine-in theatre multiple times.

I went to the 7:00pm show of “Ambulance” - I ordered chicken/fries, 2 drinks.

I actually asked the person that took the order, will get the food delivered.

I watched the whole movie and no food! I saw when I was leaving that other people had gotten their food.

I did receive a refund, but this is the 2nd time I ordered food and did not receive at this location.

This was not a good movie going experience. I expected better service.

Steven Luckett

310.699.5767

Desired outcome: Deliver food when people pay for it.

T
3:00 pm EDT

AMC Theatres - Stopped Honoring Gift Cards

In 12/2020 I purchased a pack of $10 Gift Cards (GC) to use at AMC Theatres. Due to COVID, these gift cards were not able to be used until the fall of 2021, at which time it was discovered that AMC stopped honoring all gift cards starting with a 6006 ID number, due to an undisclosed issue.

I have continuously tried to get this issue resolved through phone, online chat, and email since 11/2021.

I have attempted to reach out to AMC via phone multiple times through 4 different numbers, only to discover they no longer offer customer phone support.

I was able to speak with someone via online chat on 11/2021, this individual guided me in submitting a request via email to get this issue resolved. Initially, there was no response from the email address provided and I tried to reach back out via chat to discover that AMC also discontinued their online chat support.

In January of 2022, I heard back from my original email request and AMC stated that they would take care of the issue and I should receive a gift card replacement in 2 weeks. After 3 weeks when the replacement GC did not show I reached back out via email, several times before I received a brief response stating there appeared to be a mail issue. Since then I have sent several emails with no response.

At this time I would appreciate any assistance you can give me, and most likely hundreds of other consumers in getting their purchases honored.

Terry Minshall

Desired outcome: Gift card replacement.

K
10:10 am EDT

AMC Theatres - Snacks advertisement board

Hello. I purchased tickets for the movie The Lost City on March 25th and saw the movie in the AMC Roosevelt Field 8 theater. I purchased the Kidspack Combo which was advertised as Popcorn, Fruit Snacks & Bottled Water for $7.09. I received the popcorn and fruit snacks and a cup for soda but no bottled water. The manager argued with me that bottled water was not included but I could get one for an upcharge in price but no where was that advertised. I paid $7.09 and was supposed to get bottled water that was advertised. It was very frustrating and very unprofessional. If it was advertised, the customer is supposed to always be right. I do not want to go back to that theater anymore because of the poor service and the rude manager. Please see attached pictures.

Desired outcome: Please refund.

View 0 more photos
E
5:45 pm EDT

AMC Theatres - AMC Owings mills movie theater in Owings mills Maryland.

I am a amc a lister. So i come to this theater at least three times a week. Every single time i have come to this theater this week the customer service has been awful. There is never anyone at the front to scan or take your tickets and when it is i am never greeted properly . I’m just rudely asked to show my ticket.

Today when i came in everyone was behind the counter where they sell the snacks and they looked at me waiting for someone to greet me for 8 minutes exactly until i was asked to come to the concession stand. The lady that looked at my phone , she did not scan the ticket, i was not greeted with a hi or hello and everyone looked at me as if i was doing something wrong. Everyone who works at the theater was behind the concession stand laughing and joking and the customer service again , was horrible. This is the fourth time i have came this week. I’m considering strongly considering never coming to this theater again and canceling my monthly membership that’s how bad i was treated this entire week. Not only so do i come very often i spend a lot of money every time on snacks and beverages.

Desired outcome: An apology someone needs to reach out to me to discuss this.

1:29 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

AMC theater Monterey Park, March 16, 2022, 12:30 showing of Spider man: no way home. 1 . Popcorn had too much salt, reduce salt when adding it to the kettle. 2. The popcorn bag was not fully open because the popcorn settled when I hit the bag. the popcorn settled over an inch.

D
10:31 am EDT

AMC Theatres - Customer Service

I went to the West Chester, OH location on March 13 2022. I went in the main door and was told the theatre doesn’t open until 1230. I asked if I could stand just inside the door since it was cold outside. The next thing I know a woman came to me and said I needed to get out! She was very rude and wasn’t willing to listen to what I was saying. I told her on my way out that I wouldn’t spend my money in a place that had such poor Customer Service and she said thank you.

Desired outcome: Whoever this woman is she needs someone to explain to her that she needs to treat the consumer with respect.

M
8:38 am EST

AMC Theatres - Loud , Rude people in the theater with me

I think AMC should have a posted policy of what to do in the even of loud and rude people in a theater. I was at the 2:00 PM showing of The Batman at AMC Assembly Row. There were two teens in the theater. Top Row, last two seats on the left, who talked loudly throughout the movie, including taking a phone call. Fellow patrons were so angry that I was concerned about physical violence happening. I was not sure what to do. This has left me feeling strongly about not attending movies at this theater in the future, which is something I very much have enjoyed in the past.

Desired outcome: Posted Policy - refunded ticket

8:58 am EST

AMC Theatres - Food service

I payed for my concessions online a day ahead of time. Hummm my movies started at 12 noon as well as concessions pickup. I went to settle everyone in their seats then i went to seek my concessions order. I asked a ticket taker how this works and he explained, so i went to the counter to show them my phone and was asked my name, the employee went in the back for 4 min then came out with other orders and not mine, so i waited well into 12:24 when i asked the ticket taker look can i get a refund they still have not given me my order. He says i should be able to request a refund.

I proceeded back to the movie for which had already started lol and asked another employee about my issue whom did go behind the concession counter and found my order or at least quickly prepared it.

From my heart i promise to never order concessions at AMC ever! Even if it is free.

Desired outcome: Refund and a better system for whomever may order in the future but it wont be me.

B
1:22 am EST

AMC Theatres - Coral Ridge 10 Dine-In

I purchased a meal online and spent, close to $100. The food was cold, old, it was brought out 1 at a time, there was no cream for coffee. Orders were placed wrong.

This was the worst dine in experience ever.

The Batman

AMC DINE-IN CORAL RIDGE 10SATURDAY, MAR 5, 20228:00PMDINE-IN DELIVERY TO SEAT2 SEATS

TICKET CONFIRMATION #: [protected]

FOOD & DRINKS CONFIRMATION #: [protected]

Desired outcome: Refund!!

10:53 am EST

AMC Theatres - Concessions + broken recliners

Last night, we ordered one small popcorn and two regular drinks for almost $17!

The popcorn bag was AS BIG AS MY IPHONE 11.

My husband and I were shocked!

My husband double checked with the cashier (who was the manager… who was also scrolling on her phone) if it was really a small, and she confirmed that it was.

After the movie, I saw that on the size of the popcorn bag, it said ‘Kids Pack.’

I kept the bag to document.

The prices are laughably stupid. I don’t think we’ll be back just because of that!

Also, our recliners were broken, so we had to move seats. That was annoying too.

Desired outcome: Compensation for concessions

B
6:20 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing today to AMC Theaters (not Yelp or social media) to relay an experience my wife and I had at the AMC Flatirons Crossing 14 theater complex located in Broomfield, Colorado on [protected]. It has been quite some time since we have been out to a movie and had high hopes that things would be "back to normal". They were not. Previous to the worldwide...

9:06 am EST

AMC Theatres - Day old popcorn

Since we are A-List members we visit our AMC theater in Dothan, Alabama at least 2 if not 3 times a week. We have no issues with the staff; they have been nothing but excellent. My issue is receiving day old popcorn. You can taste the difference. I would think your customers deserve to have fairly fresh popcorn; especially after paying the high price you charge for it. We have been at other amc theaters and when the concession closes, they would bag up the remaining popcorn and allow anyone walking out the door grab as much as they want, free of charge, just to get rid of it. Then they will pop fresh popcorn the next day. Sounds like a winner there. But it really irritating a pay that high of price for old popcorn. It greatly diminishes the experience.

Desired outcome: Provide fresh popcorn daily

3:25 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

i did not request your service need refund in the amount of 91.85 for the annual subscription. I don't have account with AMC. ..don't even have a account or order info

3:07 pm EST

AMC Theatres - Theater opening

2/13/2022

We arrived at theater to see a movie which starts at 2 pm. The doors are locked and folks who are here for a 1:50 movie.

Is it policy to keep doors locked until just before movie time? Rush in to purchase goodies and tickets with minimal time to rush to find our seats!

This is the second time this has happened and in winter, it’s quite cool to stand outside and wait for the doors to open.

When we got in, we were told “the popcorn wasn’t ready”. Really? The popcorn? You couldn’t have us wait in the lobby until ready? We’re ready to spend money and after a year of closures I would think AMC would be anxious for customers to return and with open arms?

This is at the AMC theater at the Wharf in Orange Beach AL.

Dick Spinosi

216.401.9070

Desired outcome: Please request management to open early …this would encourage folks to eat and drink! Spend more money???

M
7:39 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I just walked out of a 3 pm showing of "Death on the Nile" at the AMC 16 in Towne Square, Las Vegas. The showing was in the IMAX theater. While the previews were on I went out to the lobby and asked (politely) the young man at the door to please have them check the framing of what was on the screen, this was 15 minutes before the feature started. He did...

10:32 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Having difficulty logging into account and resetting password.

3:36 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Myself and my husband have been to AMC theaters in several states and never had a problem showing our mask exemption cards due to myself having a heart condition and my husband having asthma which if we put anything over our mouth and nose it will cause harm to ourselves. We were asked at the Owings Mills, Maryland theater if we had masks and showed our...

AMC Theatres contacts