Amazon.com / fraud and cheating!

Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:
4.3

I've had the same horrible experience that Amazon.com has done to me. As a loyal Amazon.com user for the past several years, this is the single most WORST experience that I've EVER experienced with Amazon.com. They further cancel your account without so much as a rebuttal, without so much as a reply that what their terms and conditions are, or what it entails. I believe that a lawsuit against this company is warranted, if not to get our money back, then at least to show the rest of the country what a HORRIBLE company Mr. Bezos's company has now become, and the way that it treats its loyal customers and 'supposed' Amazon.com friends.
Va

Comments

Na
  28th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
AMAZON.COM has NO REGARD for their sellers. Their so-called "A-Z Guarantee" provides ABSOLUTELY NO PROTECTION TO BUYERS.

I sold a $120 book to this guy. I sent the book the day after he purchased it...I also purchased Delivery Confirmation on the item from the post office. The buyer IMMEDIATELY began to e-mail me saying that he hadn't received the book...MIND YOU...the day after I sent the book. I responded to EACH AND EVERY E-MAIL from him and told him that I had already sent the book and would be there in 2-3 days. He continued to harass me with e-mails. After 2 weeks of this, I sent him an e-mail and told him there was nothing I could do and to please stop contacting me. I had delivery confirmation for his order. I told him that he had received his order 2 weeks ago.

TWO WEEKS AFTER...the guy filed a claim with Amazon, claiming he hadn't received the book. He told Amazon he was forced to buy the book elsewhere because mine hadn't arrived. He demanded for a full respond. I then responded with the tracking #, delivery confirmation documents, and copied all e-mails between me and the buyer. Nonetheless, Amazon sided with the buyer and told me that from here on, profits from every book I sell would go straight to Amazon until they make the $116 back.

I sent Amazon TWO E-MAILS claiming that I do not agree with their decision and would like them to reconsider. They didn't reply. I sent them another e-mail 4 days later. This is the e-mail:

______________________________
Good Afternoon,

I am writing this e-mail because I am extremely unsatisfied with Amazon.

Amazon writes their policies in the best interest of the buyer ONLY, without considering the seller. And I am completely disgusted.

I have listed several books for sale on Amazon.com. Each book that has been ordered has been sent promptly and with delivery confirmation.

In a specific case, there was an order placed for $138.99. I sent the book the following day and although the customer didn’t request for delivery confirmation, I still purchased the extra service. The buyer began e-mailing me saying he hadn’t received the book and I was very prompt in answering each and every single one of his e-mails. The book was received at his address a couple days later, and he was still sending me e-mails. (ALL OF THIS IS DOCUMENTED)

I am EXTREMELY disgusted with the way Amazon has handled this situation. I believe that to Amazon, both the seller and buyer should be treated with the same respect. The buyer should not have 100% guaranteed protection.

This buyer in particular did the following: he ordered the book and he immediately began e-mailing me STATING he hadn’t received the book. I sent him delivery confirmation and a week later he filed a claim stating he never received it, mind you – filed it weeks after the delivery date…weeks after I had told him the delivery had been confirmed. Why didn’t he act immediately? Why did he not file a claim the moment I told him I had confirmation??

Regardless, I sent the book & I have confirmation of it being received. So why am I being penalized?

Also, I would like Amazon to take the following into account: The buyer claims that he had to purchase the book elsewhere because he never received mine. The buyer stated in his claim on 9/9/2009:

"I have been contacting the seller since the order was placed because I needed the book with Urgency. the seller keeps on saying that the book was end, the last time the seller said that she had confirmation that it delivered at my address, however, the selles never gave me a tracking number nor I have signed for this book delivery. I did not received the book, at this point I had to buy the book from another source and I want a full refund on this order. thanks "

In this claim, the seller stated that he had to purchase the book elsewhere and this claim was made on 9/9/2009.

My question is the following: Does he have proof of this? Did he send Amazon a copy of this receipt? And, if Amazon asked for a copy of the receipt, is the date on the receipt before 9/9/2009??? Because according to his claim, he purchased a book on or before 9/9/2009 because he hadn’t t received mine. So if this is true, he should have sent a copy of his receipt to AMAZON.COM, right? If he has no receipt, it leads me to believe that he never in fact purchased a replacement book, which means he never needed to purchase a replacement book because he already had one: mine.

As a buyer, when I place expensive orders, I make sure to request for signature confirmation or sending through UPS/FED EX. I typically go out of my way to request for it because as a BUYER, I am the person who is taking the risk in choosing STANDARD MAIL for my order to be delivered.

I would very much appreciate AMAZON to reconsider this claim and reconsider the policies which only serve to protect the buyer. I would also very much appreciate for Amazon to SEND ME a copy of his receipt for the new book he claims he purchased. This way, if he did order a new book, he has proof of this reflecting a suitable date (Although it is possible for him to purchase it and simply return it), but at this point, anything would be useful.
__________________________________

I have removed ALL my listings off Amazon.com and will never work with them again. And to top it off...when I called customer service and complained about this, customer service told me that they make sure to investigate all claims and are able to figure out whether or not the buyer did in fact receive the order. I asked them how this is done, and they told me... "We call the buyer personally and ask if the order was received."

So I have a message for Amazon:

I am going to warn all of your potential customers about your disregard for your sellers...because last I checked, although we're sellers on your website, we're still CUSTOMERS to you. I won't be selling with you anymore.
Na
  28th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
************************** TO SELLERS******* Their so-called "A-Z Guarantee" provides ABSOLUTELY NO PROTECTION TO SELLERS. ( I WROTE BUYERS ABOVE BY MISTAKE)
Da
  29th of Jan, 2010
davepit.com/my-amazon-seller-central-rant/

AMAZON = CORPORATE FRAUD
Sh
  3rd of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Amazon is run by crooks. They just shutdown my account and kept the whole money as hostage. I can't believe this is happening in USA. This country is supposed to be fair . Amazon does not care for the us government and considers americans and the sellers as a toilet paper. They have blocked my account, and have held our money hostage for 180 days. Due to this we had to layoff 3 of hardworking shippers, and our business almost collapesed. do not ever try to sell on amazon. You will be burned and your whole money will be lost.
Ju
  17th of Apr, 2010
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Hi all,

Do not believe amazon mturk. They have closed my account and stolen all my money. My family members and myself lost more than USD 3000. Better they can beg to Indians for money than stealing like this. As I heard from my friends circle mturk have suspended more than 500 accounts and stolen the money. Are they running a charity show?
Ba
  21st of Apr, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes... My mturk account also suspended without any proper reason, I lost USD 720.
Ha
  18th of May, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Do not trust Mturk. They suspended my account without any reason. They forfeited my hard earned money of USD 1060 :(
Ka
  12th of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
we just sold 21 items in 2 days and they shut our acc and took all our money, we are both unemployed and have NO income at all and they do this, i WARN ANYBODY DO NOT SELL ON AMAZON THEY ARE A SCAM
So
  18th of Sep, 2010
Can someone please help me? I recently placed an order from Amazon for over 700.00 dollars worth of merchandise. They charged my credit card then closed my amazon account and said it was because it was affiliated with other accounts! BS! So now my account was charged all this money but I am not to receive any of my order! Someone please tell me what I can do! I have contacted amazon by phone but no one ever gets back to me like they said they would and they tell me they cannot discuss my account with me on the phone. Please, someone help me!!!
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I agree that Amazon is a fraud!!!
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Please don't sell in Amazon they took my camera I sold, and 355 usd plush shipping, and I did everything by the book
  26th of Sep, 2010
Amazon will cancel and close your transactions without first WARNING you, Don't even try relying on it, it is not worth it
Ge
  24th of Oct, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They are a scam, for buyers as well. Someone stole my cc# and used it to drain my account through Amazon, when I called to tell them it was happening, they told me there was nothing they could do and it really wasnt their problem. How it it jot their problem to make sure people aren't stealing credit cards and using them fraudulently? Absolutely no help. So I closed my account and would suggest you all do as well.
Io
  12th of Feb, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree also.My account was closed as a seller due to not
issueing a refund to buyer .I told the buyer to return my merchandise, textbook and cd math kit and no answer.
so amazon issues a refund to her and she kept my math book valued at $200.Im pissed and closed my account.They kept partial payment but not all.I dont have my book which i really want back.its wrong and illegal what they are doing.We should all get together and file a law suit action against them.I have a real job and dont need this joke of a hobby.contact me if interested in filing a class action.
Am
  8th of Mar, 2011
Amazon sent me a confirmation that my money as a buyer was on its way in 3-5 business days on March 4, 2011. The amount was for $1350.44. There were additional funds from sales the, Amazon, held as well.
March 5, 2011 I received a notice that my account was under "review" for no apparent reason. All my sales are sent with USPS tracking and verifiable that all received their product. I even had 5 lovely comments from customers regarding "lightening fast" delivery. They received their Miracle Fruit tablets in 3 -5 days even with the USPS holiday. I have 100% rating as well.
Watch out!!! I am writing the president and the Washington State Atty. General. It is looking as though they initiated a "review" to keep from paying me the funds they owe me.
They now owe me $1690.44. HELP PLEASE.
Gk
  14th of May, 2011
I had ordered a product through one of the Amazon dealers (Acehardwareoutlet.com) at Amazon.com. The day the product shipped, I noticed that I was flooded with 43 purchase confirmation emails for music downloads. Someone got into my account and purchased almost $400 in music downloads in 43 different transactions. This was the first time that I used this credit card at Amazon, so I suspect that either someone at Amazon or it's vendor stole my account info. I first contacted Amazon but was told that they would not give me info about the purchases (they refuse to give shipping or IP information that could be helpful in tracking the culprit). I next contacted my credit card company to cancel the account and report the fraud. When I went to make my next purchase at Amazon, I found that not only did they cancel my account, but they are now expecting that I will give them another credit card to bill for the fraudulant charges. I don't think so! Even though they have some great deals, I would rather pay more and know my account info is secure. I'll never buy from Amazon again!
Yo
  14th of May, 2011
Someone used my bank information with their name and shipping address and amazon allowed it to go through. Then, when I discovered over $1000 of fraudulent charges on my bank statement I filled a claim and my bank reversed all of it. This was stolen bank info so I received a new account number. I never used an electronic check feature. Amazon blames me for the money they lost from the fraudulent charges and blocked my account and any account I create. It wasn't my fault, it was their's for not verifying the guy's name or address with my bank info. Don't use amazon, go with eBay for the same things. A lot of sellers sell on both and eBay offers buyer protection! How can a company blame the victim of obvious fraud?
Ts
  3rd of Jun, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Amazon has serious problems with information leaks and unfortunately are covering them up. I have closed one CC and about to close another b/c someone got CC information off mine and my wifes account at Amazon (just as a customer). They opened another account using that info and could make purchases which were small about 20$ each (4 on one card, 2 on another). I've cleared the info on the accounts but who knows who has access to that information already so the only choice is to close the CC accounts. Anyway I'll never again do business w/them nor allow any merchant to store the CC info.
Even the idea that they let charges through on an account opened using the same CC info of another existing account is amazing. I seriously doubt anyone broke into the accounts from the outside, they have an inside breach of security. And yes they are not very informative or cooperative at all. I assume this happens quite frequently with them and unfortuntely no one is really aware how compromised they are.
An
  10th of Aug, 2011
I am a seller at Amazon. Yes, Amazon steals money. They will favor a buyer any complaint. Just any. Customer can say "item is not as described", they will get a full refund. Customer filed a complaint "item is not received". I provided a tracking number showing the item was received. Amazon granted a full refund to the buyer stating there was no proof of delivery.
Cs
  11th of Aug, 2011
I was just ripped off by a buyer who filed a claim for the item not being authentic. The products are 100% manufacturer OEM cell phone cases and are shipped directly from Amazon.com warehouses through their FBA program. that means they are checked and scanned for authenticity. This customer who filed the claim is not even located in the UNITED STATES, but is located in BAHRAIN. He placed an order, had it shipped to a DHL facility in the US and then the package was shipped overseas. Once he received he filed a claim, got his money back, and kept the item. I NEVER do business overseas because of the fraudulent scam artists in these foreign countries. Now I have negative feedback that I am trying to get removed because some con artists made fraudulent claims that are untrue!

Amazon.com Logo Amazon.com