American Greetings Logo

American Greetings

Having problems with American Greetings?

American Greetings Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Greetings Customer Service. Initial American Greetings complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Greetings above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Greetings. Discuss the issues you have had with American Greetings and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

American Greetings Complaints & Reviews

Nov 09, 2019

American Greetings Corporation — worker

I was in the Albertsons in Boise off of Ustick. Albertsons called you and left a message. My son ran away...

American Greetingsfraudulent unauthorized membership

I have not done any business with this company for at least 5 years if ever.

American Greetings charged me 19.99 via PayPal for a service Agreement they claimed I made with them. I did not make such an agreement did not or would not authorize American Greetings for this charge.

PayPal did not find the company in error and I cannot get my money refunded.

Beware of this company's fraudulent business practices.

American Greetings Corporation — fraudulent monthly charge

I just happened to put my discovercard statement under the microscope. For some reason there is a $5.99...

American Greetings Corporation — free trial cannot be cancelled

Today I have attempted three times during "normal business" hours to cancel this before they bill my...

American Greetingsecards

This is the email I sent them...they require your billing info but they make it impossible to cancel charges during the 7 day "free trial." I had to instruct PayPal to reject any attempt to have membership costs charged to my PayPal account. They never answer the phone number or call you back when you try to opt out (they do not provide a way to opt out online...you have to call them.

BEWARE!!!

American Greetings,

You stink!

I signed up for your 7 day free trial membership and as instructed provided my PayPal billing information so that if I did not cancel you would begin billing monthly. I decided to NOT continue any membership services with you and followed instructions on cancelling membership choice.

However, much to my dismay, there is NO way to cancel a membership charge online. I made numerous calls to the number you provide [protected]). Several times I tried holding to speak to someone and no one ever answered. Several times I tried to get a call back and no one ever called back.

Therefore, I instructed PayPal to reject any attempt on your part to make any membership charges to my PayPal account/credit/debit card.

I consider your company to be a scam and your agreement to be fraudulent and will report you to the Better Business Bureau and leave terrible reviews about your practices wherever I can.

Shame on you.

[protected]@gmaiil.com

American Greetings — job scam

Received an email from Randy Shoemaker which was [protected]@gmail.com, saying that I needed to download Yahoo...

American Greetings — fraudulent billing practices

Free trial terms deliberately obscured. Called to cancel after almost a year, was assured partial refund ...

American Greetings Vetrans Day Cardaircraft picture on card

Received American Greetings Air Force Veterans Day card from young grand son. While the inside greeting was appropriate "Happy Veterans Day, with many thanks for your honorable service as a member of the U.S. Air Force" the picture on the front was not. As a US Air Force retiree, 30 years of service, a Vietnam/Desert Storm Vet, I found the picture a insult. The picture was a US Marine Corp Harrier jump jet.
      One would think if American Greetings had anybody with any card planning/design ability they cold of came up with a appropriate picture of a US Air Force aircraft.

American Greetingsavoid like a plague

When I signed up for a free 1 month trial. They take your credit card info and tell you that they will not charge your card if you cancel before the month is up. I called to cancel and there is no one to talk to, they tell you to cancel on line but but I couldn't see a link to do that either. I called back and pressed the appropriate number to sign up for a new account, (of course I was able to speak to someone then) was then told that it was 7 day trial not a month. The woman somewhat abrasive, telling me whoever told me that it was a month was a liar. I didn't argue, luckily I only had to pay for a month and not a year (at least I hope so.. haven't checked my statement yet). Still.. expensive for just 1 card.

• Gu
            Guliake Oct 31, 2012

AmericanGreetings.comwhen wishing to terminate the service, I couldn't find a way to de-subscribe

When wishing to terminate the service, I couldn't find a way to de-subscribe. Despite a through and time consuming search of the site, I could not find an "unsubscribe" icon or a postal office address to send a letter. Buried several pages deep in the site, I found an 800 phone number ... but it was no longer in service.

A call to my credit card company that I had originally authorized American Greetings to charge eventually yielded a different 800 phone number for American Greetings. The new 800 number was only provided after I threatened the to terminate the credit card if they could not help me. (Apparently, because I authorized Am. Greetings to charge my card, American Greetings are the only ones that can terminate the charge to my account.)

Good eventual outcome. The new 800 number enabled me, through appropriate prompts and information entries, to terminate the subscription. A confirming email was received from American Greetings.

Using the new 800 number I was unable to reach live person to express my dissatisfaction with the lack of an easier way to terminate the account.

• Li
              Likoe Jan 31, 2012

I was unable to send a birthday card from the website on March 3&4 but it kept sending me to sign up and getting my cc info. Since then kept trying to cancel. I was not able to send the birthday cards. I was trying to send but the 800# constantly says tech difficulties it's awfully strange that when I 'm trying to cancel there is technical difficulty. But there seems to be no problem charging me. I'd appreciate cancellation of the account and not be charged. I never had a problem with this company in the past now it appears I do. And because of the charge it put my account in the negative, hence why I kept try the # to cancel.

American Greetingscustomer service

For a large, well-known brand, American Greetings has one of the worst customer service programs that I have encountered. When my credit card number was stolen recently, I tried to call the AG Help # several times with no success. I also tried to contact American Greetings on-line. After all else failed, I tried to cancel my membership on-line and was told that this option was unavailable. My experience with American Greetings illustrated that:
            . if you are a customer with a complaint or require help with an issue that falls outside of AG's standard or taped set of customer concerns, your concern will not and cannot be addressed;
            . on top of the difficulties with your card, you will receive a relentless barrage of e-mails that you cannot respond to and when you try to will find yourself in an surreal loop of webpages and telephone commands;
            . AG lacks capacity and willingness to deal with its customers on a personal basis.
            This is particularly pitiful in a company whose business is founded on the concept of greetings...and keeping in touch. AG is not alone in thinking that on-line efficiency makes for better customer service (and better ROI). In some cases, it does. In others, it is a dismal failure. I will never do business with this company again and I will post reviews for others. Buyer beware...this is a on-line product with good front end website with very poor back-end service.

• Wh
                Whatisallthis? Jan 07, 2012

Oh my gosh! I just wanted to make comment, to contact with you w/a question but you certainly don't make that simple! This is not a complaint, I love AG & have been using it for years. Only wanted to say that it appears to me that you no longer offer the Favorite link...it's very useful when one is browsing the cards & wants to save one for the future. I can still access my favorites, but no longer can I find a link to make a current card I like a favorite.
                Sorry I had to use this forum, but after searching for 10 minutes for a "Contact Us" link, this was the only thing I could come up with! Other than calling you, which I didn't want to do.

Thanks & I hope you bring back the "Favorite" feature.

One more think spelt is an incorrect word by the way :)!!!

American Greetings — american greetings e-card ripoff

American Greetings Online E-Cards - I am a paid customer at $20 per year. Service is way overpriced. Worst...

American Greetingssite does not work

Paid customer at $20 per year; way overpriced. Worst investment I ever made; you are better off sending free cards. Principal problems: cards will not send; once they are sent, they cannot be played by recipient. In addition, selection of cards is extremely poor. Don’t waste your money here.

• Ev
                  Evald Petersson Apr 18, 2012

I am a long time scriber to Yahoo American Greetings online service and it has always worked good but now my create and print won't work. I click on the card I want and it comes up. I then click on create and print and an error report comes up. I have tried about 10 different cards.
                  Evald Peterson
                  [email protected]
                  [protected]

American Greetings (MSN Ecards) — they bill for &free trial&, won't refund

I took advantage of a 30-day free trial offerred by MSN/American Greetings on October 31. Three days later, I...

American Greetings.com — deceptive charges

I just had a horrible experience with American Greeting Cards online. Found a cute card online as we all do...

American Greetings — unauthorized charges

I signed up for a trial membership in 2005 for yahoo ecards. Every year since I have automatically been...

American Greetings — scam

These people are total scammers. I signed up for a 30-day free trial. They charged my account $29.98 after 15...

American Greetings — trap for the unwary

Complete scam. You sign up for a "free trial period, " and they hope you forget about it, and after a few...

American Greetings — overcharged

This company has obviously done their research. They know that most consumers will not be able to reach them...