Amazon.comemail address disclosure

I have contacted chat, email and phone customer service at Amazon and so far no one has answered the simple question of where the email address was disclosed or to whom.

This is a Chat session with amazon customer service.

Me: I received an email stating that Amazon had inadvertently disclosed my email address. To whom did you disclose my email address? If you cannot answer that question I want to you to provide contact information for who can answer.
You are now connected to Mayank from Amazon.com
Mayank: Hello, my name is Mayank. I'm here to help you today.
Me: Hello
Mayank: Thank you for being a Prime member.Please allow me a moment while I check for you.
Me: Thank you.
Mayank: Thank you for sharing your concern. Our website inadvertently disclosed your email address due to a technical error. The issue has been fixed. This is not a result of anything you have done, and there is no need for you to change your password or take any other action. The impacted customers have been contacted.
Me: I already read that please address the questions asked.
Mayank: Only email addresses or names and email addresses were disclosed. There was no breach of our website or systems.
We have sent an email to all customers whose email addresses or name and email address were inadvertently disclosed.
You do not need to take any action or change your password.
Me: answer the questions
Mayank: As I have checked with my supervisor so this is the information that I have fro my end.
Me: Are you saying you cannot direct me to who may be able to answer the question?
It is not helpful for Amazon to disclose that you have given my email address to someone and not tell me who.
You are now reconnected with Mayank.
Mayank: I'm sorry we were disconnected. I can pick up where we left off.
Me: ok
Mayank: In this case I have provided the information from my end however if you want I can connect you to my supervisor for further help.
Me: Yes please
A Customer Service Associate will be with you in a moment.
You are now connected to Mohd Adil from Amazon.com
Me: hello
Mohd Adil: Hello, my name is Mohd Adil. one of the supervisors of the floor Please give me a moment to review the previous correspondence.
Me: Thank you.
Mohd Adil: Thank you for waiting.
Me: You're welcome
Mohd Adil: I have checked the details and I can understand you have received the email from Amazon, I am sorry due to Our website inadvertently disclosed your email address due to a technical error. Please don't worry our technical team has sorted out this and the issue has been fixed.
Your account is absolutely fine and This is not a result of anything you have done, and there is no need for you to change your password or take any other action. The impacted customers have been contacted.
The email was to update you that everything is fine and fixed.
Me: I don't understand why answering the question or directing me to who may be able to answer is so difficult. You are wasting my time continually repeating the same things. Now please answer the question or direct me to who may.
Mohd Adil: I am sorry for this issue it was a technical error and I am sorry as the details are not updated with whom the details are inadvertently disclosed due to the error and in this case as your are our valuable customer I don't want to share any false information with you, so in this case if there will be any updated you will be notified via email from our team.
Please be rest assured your details of the account are totally safe and secure with Amazon.
Me: Provide a contact address or person plaese.
This is ridiculous what are you trying to hide?
Is there not an email address or phone number for someone who can help me?
Mohd Adhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer...il: I am again sorry for this, we don't hide anything and in this case To contact us, visit (See full link) and follow the prompts.
Me: I am going to post this chat on sites to let the world see how customer service does not respond to simple questions.
Mohd Adil: Or you can email us on ([protected]@amazon.com)*(I tried to email but this is not a valid email address)
This is a transcript of a chat session with Amazon customer service.

Me: Why waste all this time.
Thank you I will try those addresses I hope they are able to provide some help. I will be following up with sending a copy of this to Amazon offices.
Mohd Adil: I am sorry for this, In this case I request you please contact us on the above mentioned address and our team will help you with the update once this will be updated.
I assure you that we will try our best that this will not be repeated again in future with the valuable customer like you.
We'll take each and every action to prevent you from bearing any inconvenience. It's certainly not our intention for our customer to have anything, but a pleasant experience at Amazon.com.
Me: Thank you I am done.
Mohd Adil: Please be assured that we are here to take care of any issue you've encountered and ensure we resolve your concern to the fullest of your satisfaction.
Me: Can I get this chat emailed to me?

Tf
Nov 21, 2018

Comments

Nov 25, 2018

This is amazon for! Answer nothing! Keep going in circles until the customer gives up in frustration. Make sure you lie as often as necessary and even though you will resolve nothing, assure the customer that you have resolved everything.

I'm actually beginning to believe that amazon is being controlled by a human hating AI. Customer service is now either a bunch of idiots from india who's only job is to lie to amazon's customers, or it is an AI pretending to be a bunch of idiots from india.

Please note that I didn't use uppercase letters for amazon or india. This is an intentional act of disrespect. I am tired of taking to people in india or hispanics with accents so bad they can not rightly claim to be speaking English and language barrier so thick they can't even understand the question, let alone, answer it.

• Jc
      Nov 27, 2018

I tried the same avenues -- chat, custom service, e-mails, and finally an e-mail to Jeff Bezos that was later NOT answered by one of his executives. I think it is time to pursue legal action against Amazon. This appears to be a high volume disclosure, so a class action lawyer would likely take this case on for a chance at a portion of the money recovered. Since we don't know where, when, or to whom they released our information, we don't know what losses we will suffer down the road, but based upon how deceptive Amazon is being, we have a right to be concerned and to compel them to provide more information.