Amazon.com / dont buy from amazon seller stores123

I bought this as a Christmas present for my fiance who likes modern furniture. I received the item and upon unpacking it, it seemed as though it had already been unpacked. The box was tattered and the packing tape had been retaped. Once I opened the product, I inspected it and found the underside fabric was torn where there was a piece of the wood frame supporting the center. It was not a large tear but it was a tear never-the-less. I decided that it was likely a used product sent by mistake so I repacked it immediately. Given that Christmas was a few days away, I went to a local furniture shop and found something similar to buy in time for Christmas.

I bought the product because it was on Amazon so I felt comfortable. I do understand Amazon uses 3rd party sellers and the return policy for this seller seemed straight-forward: if the product is damaged, they buyer can return it for a full refund. The seller has been trying to get the 15% restocking fee from the beginning of my communication with them. I dont think I should have to pay $100+ to them because they sent me a used product by mistake. They are claiming that there is no tear on the bottom fabric but that is absolutely not true and I am surprised they would blatantly lie like that. They have even sent me photos they took upon return of the product and the tear is shown (again, it is not big, but it is there and it is something I would consider as damage and would buy off a classified bulletin board).

At this point, I have requested them to refund me 100% of what I paid and I have disputed the charge through my credit card issuing bank. Stores123 have not replied to me with any message indicating they will provide me a 100% refund. They have offered to send me the product back (which I clearly do not want) or to pay a 15% restocking fee. I really feel extorted here as they are in clear violation of their return policy.

Ba
Jan 9, 2013

Comments

• Ty
      24th of Nov, 2007

I had a credit line with amazon.com for several years. I was always on-time with my payments etc. Now amazon is changing their bank and have canceled my creditline. I have never had any problem with the bank before... Why now...

• Va
      11th of Dec, 2007
    Amazon.com - Scam and cheating!
    www.Amazon.com

I'm a new seller at amazon and i sell cameras , i started in the holiday season a month ago and i sold 36 expensive cameras in 1 week and i shipped them all everybody posted a good feedback 1 guy posted negative feedback, they are holding my whole amount of money and the past month i keep on sending e-mails and not even 1 was replied!

• Li
      26th of Dec, 2007
    Amazon.com - Scam and thief!
    Washington
    www.amazon.com

First amazon tries to start a review process on 12/9 but still wants you to ship. I proved that i shipped products as of them
    I had one complaint and no one else except one left feedback. They decided that there might be customer complaints based on her feedback so i am shut down. They decide to put everything on hold despite items being shipped. Why should i wait to march to get paid.

• Ke
      12th of Feb, 2008
    Amazon.com - Did not receive the $750 bonus associated with purchase of book!
    www.Amazon.com

I received a promotion email recently stating that if I bought the book Zero to One Million from Amazon on a particular day (Feb. 5th) and provided documentation of said purchase to the web site [protected]@zeromillion.com that I would receive $750 in [protected]es for buying the book. I bought the book provide the purchase documentation but no [protected]es or links to [protected]es were ever provided.

• Mi
      5th of Mar, 2008

Amazon has been sending my orders through an unknown courier service. Each time I get a package from Amazon, this person / courier service leaves my package outside my apartment building!

He wouldn't give me his name but just says, "I'm a contractor".

• Fr
      16th of Mar, 2008

And you beleived that? Seriously?

• Ha
      9th of Jun, 2008

I have absolutely same experience. They did same thing to me, They holding my money over 4 MONTHS now!!! They don't reply to my emails, there is no number to talk to anybody. This is my worst experience ever. I have filled a complain with BBB.

• Th
      28th of Jul, 2008

AMAZON obviously helps people steal products from unknowing honest sellers. They claim to have procedures in place but after less than 20 min of submitting proof that I shipped to buyer and that the buyer definitely had my product they refunded the money and let buyer keep my product and told me the decision was final and there was nothing I could do about it. After the second time of the same VERY obvious scam I decided to terminate any dealings with amazon..I would rather pay the fees on EBAY!

29th of Jul, 2009
    Amazon.com - Frustrated and upset
    amazon.com

I ordered two packs of eneloop batteries sold by and shipped by Amazon. It was some months before I opened the second pack and there were only 6 batteries in the package (no way to determine that without cutting the package open). I have spent half an hour trying to find a way to communicate with Amazon about this and there appears to be none. Frustrated and upset.

• Ta
      2nd of Jun, 2010

The easiest way to contact Amazon is to click "Help" at the top of the screen, the click the big yellow "contact us" button. You can phone, email, or even have them call you directly. Easy as pie.

As with any order on the internet, it is a good idea to thoroughly inspect all items in your order, that way you can return for full refund or get replacement for defective items, all within their posted 30 day returns policy.

• Do
    Amazon.com - no tax charged
    Amazon
    amazon.com

Amazon.com does not charge buyers the sales tax. As a corporate seller, I have no way to request the buyer to pay sales tax as payment goes to amazon directly. While it's a NY state law (since 10/2010) that each online purchase that ships to NY state is subject to tax.
    Looks that sellers are responsible to pay taxes out of their pocket.

• Ag
      5th of Apr, 2011

So dont sell on Amazon and dont get the sales. The fact that we dont pay a sales tax is why many people buy from amazon.

• Po
      5th of Apr, 2011

It's pretty common knowledge that Amazon.com does not charge sales tax. You should do your research before-hand.

• Ta
      21st of Nov, 2011
    Amazon.com - This site is very confusing
    amazon.com

This site is very confusing..first I couldn't sign-on, then I couldn't figure out what I ordered. So I waited and went back and found out that I had ordered two batteries and only meant to order one. This web system now says it is too late to cancel. I think I will contact my credit card and cancel the charge.

• La
      12th of Jan, 2012
    Amazon.com - Product never arrived
    amazon.com

I ordered a cutting board from Amazon in November and my online account says it was delivered but I never got it. I thought the order was canceled but I just got the $34.95 charge. The book I ordered at the same time arrived on time.

And this is the only way I can find on the website of contacting Amazon. How am I supposed to complain?

• Te
      11th of Aug, 2014

Wish I had seen this before I made my purchase with these people. I am fighting to get my $138 back from the wrong item being sent. The item was falsely advertised on Amazon. This will be the last time I ever purchase anything from this vendor or purchase anything that is not sold by Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon. I did not realize the problems that ensue when you hook up with crooks that have been 3rd party vendors on Amazon. I have shopped from Amazon for years and always had good luck. Stay as far away from Stores123 as possible.

• Tr
      30th of Aug, 2014

I've had a similar issue. I ordered a string of outdoor lights for our pergola. First a number of the bulbs didn't work and Amazon did replace them at no charge and didn't want the others back. After inspecting the first string of lights, I ordered another (same exact item confirmed by Amazon themselves). Upon arrival I realized that the second string was an ungrounded 2-plug style, not the 3-plug I ordered and received the first time. Now, I have to take the string down, unscrew all the bulbs, package it up, wait two weeks for a refund, order another set (not knowing if it will be 2 or 3 prong grounded). I'm told by Amazon it 'should' be, but they don't really know. 123 is likely not checking their inventory. When Amazon partners with second rate suppliers is causes a great deal of harm to their brand equity due to the poor service received. I"m sure Jeff Bezos would be furious.

• Py
      23rd of Oct, 2014

I THINK THEY 123 & AMAZON STINK TOO! NEITHER OF THEM WILL GET MY BUSINESS ANYMORE! I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM WIITH THEM. 123 RIPOFFS!

• Dc
      27th of Nov, 2014

So wish I saw this review before. Amazon needs to get tried of this seller before Amazon looses its reputation. They shipped my product in three shipments which only happened after many emails and filing a claim on Amazon. Withdrew the claim on a promise they would ship the missing items (slats, legs, support legs) for the Baxton studio bed. Finally after almost 4 months I received presumably all the parts and correct parts. After one person slept on the bed for five nights some of the slats broke and fell part. They refuse to replace or refund because I did not report the defective slats within 7 days of receiving the shipment. Sorry didn't know slats for a bed only good for five sleeps.

• Bi
      30th of Jan, 2015

I can’t begin to describe how frustrating an experience this has been. I ordered a bean bag for my daughter from them but cancelled the order within 12 hours (ordered 9 pm, cancelled by 9 am the next morning). 3 days later, I get a notice that the item has been shipped. I didn’t even open the box and proceeded with a return request. The seller claimed that they didn’t receive my cancellation request until after the item was shipped and offered either a refund of $4.50 (the price of the chair is $47) or I could ship it back at my own expense. I called them to ask how they could still ship my item 3 DAYS after I sent my cancellation request. First, I was disconnected 5 times before I reached someone and he never gave me an answer except to say that they ship things from different warehouses. So am I to believe they can forward an email? Again, they didn’t ship the item until 3 DAYS after I sent my cancellation request and wanted me to pay for return shipping. I decided to keep it and the bean bag chair is so overstuffed that my daughter slides off of it every time she tries to sit in it. Don't ever do business with these people. THEY ARE NOT ETHICAL.