Amana Stove / Factory defects
I purchased Amana stove model AGR5735QDS from Sears in November, 2003. It is a self-cleaning model. I cleaned it one time after I had the stove about a year (I don't use the oven very often). The second time I tried the self-cleaning option it didn't work - June, 2006. I called a local authorized service repair center who told me the unit needed a new circuit board - the price would be about $350.00 which turns out to be 30-40% of the cost of the stove.
I know it is past warranty but I thought that only working one time was not acceptable and it sounded to me like a factory defect; under normal circumstances I would not ask for help but I believe this is way above and beyond normal wear and tear.
I contacted the Amana consumer helpline and the response was boiler plate - I got nothing from them. Of course, I would like Amana to replace the circuit board free of charge to me but I am open to sharing the cost but I was never offered any option.
I would like to know from you if I have any chance of pursuing this further.
Thank you. Phyllis
More Amana Stove Complaints & Reviews
- Amana Refrigerator - Non ending repairs on refrigerator 
- Amana / French Door Refrigerator - Bad product and service 
- Amana Refrigerator - Poor service 
- Amana Evenair Convection Oven - No replacement part
- Amana Bottom Freezer Fridge - A lemon by any other name... is still a lemon! 
- Amana Brand - terrible customer service
- Amana Brand - clothes dryer 
- Amana Brand - Washer not finishing its cycle 
- Amana - Washer machine wont start 
- Amana Stoves - New unit is damaged as well