Amana Refrigerator / Non ending repairs on refrigerator

I bought the Amana refrigerator in 2002, July. One year later the product broke down. June24, 2003, Maytag replaced [protected] valve and12541902 valves. In Jan. 2004, the refrigerator was freezing everything, the repairman unfroze the reservoir adjusted the cold controls. Feb. 2004, he restricted air flow to chiller drawers. Aug. 2005 the refrigerator was freezing and ice not dispensing. The repairman replaced the extension knob, damper control and control fz temp. Jan.21,2005, not dispensing water. October6, 2005, freezer was not freezing, ice not dispensing, making a humming noise , popping sound. Repairman replaced timer/clock/defroster. Nov. 3 ,2005 the unit was still making a humming noise the repairman replaced the compressor. July 2, 2006 the unot was not cooling on either sides. The repairman replaced the timer defrost assembly. April6, 2007 the refrigerator was freezing everything, the repairman replaced the damper control. April 11,2007 the refrigerator was still freezing on the refrigerator side. The repairman adjusted the air flow/damper which did not solve the problem. On April 16, 2007 the refrigerator was still freezing the repairman told me to remove some the foods from the freezer in order to breathe. I did as he said and guess what it was still freezing. I then realized that Maytag repairmen were incompetent or didn't know what they were doing. I inquired about the lemon law they said that I didn't qualify. At this moment my frustration was at high peak. I called a repairman not affiliated with Maytag. They repaired the refrigerator and as of today it is working great. I think Maytag should live up to their commercials and reputation about the lemon law. Surely I have a lemon and I also think my refrigerator should be replaced or the least prorated on a new one. Feel free to contact me at [protected] or leave a message.

Leeora Mixon.

Comments

• Gr
      12th of Nov, 2009
    Amana Refrigerator - constant repairs
    Amana

Bought Amana Refrigerator in 05, broke down in 08, the fan on the freezer part was not working, paid for an extender warranty. Broke down again in 09, the compressor this time, after a week to get a repair guy out here, he installed the NEW compressor only to find out that it was faulty and it came from the company. He will need to order another one and come back. I will never buy another Amana-Maytag again, if you do have one, get the extended warranty on it, cause it will brake down!!!