Amana / Scam and cheating
After reading reports of problems similar to mine from Pat and Joel, I felt compelled to write. I purchased my rather expensive, stainless steel Amana French door, bottom freezer refrigerator in about October 2005, but it was not delivered to my new construction until about January or February 2006. It required it's first repair at about one year out and it's second about one year after that. On both occasions, the fan or blower (sorry, I'm not sure of the exact name of the part) had gone out. It was described as the fan that blows the cold air from the freezer up into the refrigerator. Both times, the freezer continued to work, but the 'fridge went completely warm.
I was searching the net for any signs of a class action suit or recall on these refrigerators as I seem to read nothing but bad reviews. I was searching today because both the freezer and refrigerator seemed to have gone out. The unit is actually still working - sort of - but taking a long time to recool. Once again, I have most of the food at my mother-in-laws and the rest in ice chests on the kitchen floor.
In addition to prone to shutting down randomly, this refrigerator is EXTREMELY noisy!! I mean really, really noisy!! As if two repairs in two years, with possibly another repair in the immediate future, isn't bad enough, the unit is constant clicking, vibrating, and humming loud enough for me to have to adjust my t.v. volume when it kicks on. It also makes a weird, loud knocking noise that the second repair man said was the ice machine telling the refrigerator to send more water - huh!?!?!
More Amana Complaints & Reviews
- Amana Refrigerator - Non ending repairs on refrigerator 
- Amana / French Door Refrigerator - Bad product and service 
- Amana Refrigerator - Poor service 
- Amana Evenair Convection Oven - No replacement part
- Amana Bottom Freezer Fridge - A lemon by any other name... is still a lemon! 
- Amana Brand - terrible customer service 
- Amana Brand - clothes dryer 
- Amana Brand - Washer not finishing its cycle 
- Amana - Washer machine wont start 
- Amana Stoves - New unit is damaged as well