Altech Netstar

Posted:

Netstar not accepting cancellation of contract

Altech Netstar
On the 12th of August 2009 I gave written notice of terminating my contract with Netstar as I have SOLD my car. The notice was faxed by Netstar Kimberley to the Bloemfontein office. On telephonic enquiry Netstar acknowledged the receipt of the fax and informed me that a last deduction from my bank account will be made by the end of September 2009. Subsequent to September more deductions were made and I had to request reversals of payment and also instructed the bank not to allow any further deductions from my bank account.
It appears that Netstar refuses to accept the termination of my contract although they have not informed me in writing of any reasons for not accepting the cancellation nor could they supply me of a copy of the contract andor relevant clauses that they seem to enforce inspite of having requested them to do so. In terms of my contract the company should be informed in writing one month in advance in case of a cancellation. Suffice to say is that Netstar is threatening with legal action for the amount of R291.66 an amount which is also to be disputed. The public should be made aware of the unethical manner of business practice by Netstar.
Complaint comments Comments (3)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

N  17th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
my contract expired in feb, 2011, was unaware netstar continued debiting my bank ac. when inquired, was told that i must inform them of cancellation, tracker was not used for almost a year.My ac is now in dispute with the bank because not sufficient funds . Three debit returns, still net star did not contact me .
A  10th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have exactly the same problem. They refuse to reply on emails, they never answer their telephones. I cancelled my contract within 3 days of installation. They are now keeping me to the 36 months contact. According to how I understand I have 21 days to cancel this contract. Don't even want to know if there is an emergency how they will react and if they will. Their service is appalling from the day the fitment was done. I will most definately NOT recommend or refer Netstar to anyone ever!
A  17th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I am having the same problem with them my car has been sold for 2 years I have told them to cancel it many times and also did all that you have how do we get the money back and then they still wnt us to paye a cancellation fee I am at my end right knw if I new all this is would never ever put a altech netstar tracker in the car is no longer own

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree