Altech AutopageStolen phone charges

My cellphone was stolen on the night of 29 June 2010, and I phoned the Cape Town CBD office of Autopage to report it as such and get directions to their office to do a sim-swop. When arriving at the autopage branch, they said they cannot activate my sim until they have a copy of my green ID, which I emailed through to them at 15h00 that day. They also e-mailed me a blacklisting form that I requested. Upon receiving my account, I saw that in excess of R1000 of calls were made that day to Ethiopia. I phoned Autopage to query this, as these calls continued from 05h41 until 19h00 on 30 June. After two weeks of trying to speak to the correct person and getting "your query has been logged, our technical department will call you" I got a reply from one Sharon Salomon saying that because I called and went into an Autopage branch to report it stolen and I did not call the call center in Midrand, I am held responsible for the calls made that day. The Cape Town branch, when I contacted them, tells me to refer all my queries to the call centre. I have sent them copies of the email send on the 30th, which are CLEARLY evidence of reporting of my stolen cellphone, but they are saying that simply my report at the autopage branch is not sufficient enough to refund the monies deducted off my account for that day. Is there a lawyer out there willing do take them on? I do not care about the money at this stage, so whatever you get from them, you can keep - it is becoming a matter of principle and I despise the fact that this company simply reroutes you or ignores and hope that you will go away.

Kg

Comments

• Od
      Jun 18, 2013

These people yor. This is an ongoing thing, someone must do something about them, .