Ally Bankdanger deposits

Got online to open an account and filled-in all my personal info(ss#, address, & PIN) only to have the information disappear and I had try again. After 2nd try and still taking me back to the personal info page(now blank), I called the 800#. When I reach someone(it sounded like the Philipines) she couldn't see my information using my last 4 #s of my SS. She asked for the full SS# and that is when I decided it is not worth the risk and hung up the phone. This old GMAC bank is like their cars...just not up to par and not worth the drive!

Ca

Comments

• Sk
      Sep 08, 2009
    Best Best Advice

That's too bad you have a bad experience. I love Ally, and have had a great experience with them.

• De
      Jan 03, 2010

You at Ally Bank that thought up these ads about children are sick.

Deforest Bragg

• Cr
      May 04, 2010

Hmmm... Funny thing about your complaint is that all of Ally's employees are in N. America. The only one not in the US is in Cananda which makes sense seeing as they also provide accounts in Cananda.

Jun 15, 2010

Kind of makes you wonder if the person was on the TRUE Ally Bank site.

• Ju
      Jun 18, 2010

lol its because you entered the information wrong or did not fully complete the app. and obviously if the information dissapeared the bank rep. would not have your info. Sounding like she was in the phillipines doesnt mean you were calling that country and is irrelevant to your complaint(it makes you sound ignorant). I had the same problem at first but being computer savy, i figured it out. So my advice to you is to learn how to use a computer better and if your real complaint is about calling a person with an accent dont live in a nation that houses people from every nation. Oh and ps my chevy truck is running perfectly.

• Av
      Dec 26, 2010

My question would be “Do I feel Ally is a moral and ethical bank who are good for the USA?” My answer would be “Absolutely not!”

The US Government gave 14 Trillion dollars to GMAC Mortgage in bailout money when the Fed declared them a bank to qualify them, even though they were not a bank. GMAC Mortgage never repaid those bailout loans and are now 56% owned by the US Treasury.

After the Government bailed them out, GMAC Mortgage foreclosed on more homes than any other mortgage company, resulting in plenty of wrongful foreclosure lawsuits against them. No one bailed out the US Citizens, and Ally Financial proved to be an “Ally” to no one when they robbed the nation from the top and bottom.

During the Mortgage Crisis which they were partially responsible for, GMAC Mortgage were unable to properly answer their phones and rushed to hire a completely untrained staff who remain poorly trained to this day. Customers waited months for customer service. Most either got none, or got service so poor that it may have been illegal.

Suddenly they have decided to rename themselves and to take advantage of their “bank” status with online bank accounts.

Your money will be FDIC insured, but will your conscience allow you to lend your money to the people who are more responsible for the collapse of our economy than anyone else?

• Ki
      Nov 24, 2011

I have been with ally bank for almost a year now and I love there bank . I have never got charged any kind of fee for them infact they pay me every month cause I use ATMs that charge me a fee . Which ally rebruises me every month for . =) to be honest I dont know how people deal with all these gready banks trying to get rich off of you ! I <3 ally bank .

Nov 25, 2011

Please keep the comments coming. I am currently looking at Ally Bank for my new bank (along with looking into others) and I appreciate what I am reading from the TRUE users of the bank. I am tired of Bank of America robbing us with charges coming out our ____ for any and every little thing any more, it would be comfortable to have a bank that understands AND PRACTICES customer service rather than customer stealing.

Again, thanks for your posts.

• Br
      Apr 16, 2012

ALLY just plain sucks!! If you get your money back you should consider yourself VERY lucky. They'll send bank check to ANY address someone gives them and then will send you an email telling you that your ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED!

• Dd
      Jan 12, 2013

Bank of America Lost my Money. all i got back from them was $400.00 dollars.
    Ally bank I submitted the application then i got a Email to call them. I did the connection was bad it was from overseas maybe India with bad English.
    then i call again they said fax us you ID to confirm your Identity (It was a US number).
    so I did twice and it has been a month and no answer. I went to there web site online chat they said they can not help me. that I need to call in. something is not good about this

• Ti
      Feb 26, 2014

I love Ally and had no Problems in getting an account on online and My money is safe for me its works
    don't know why every one can't learn just too take time out to breath of fresh air.
    and get to know your New Bank and love it for the way they are.

Nov 21, 2014

Ally told me it would close my account if I did not provide a physical street address. I value my privacy, and I have a post office box which receives all my mail. This is a common practice in the United States and has been so for a very long time. Anyway, I told Ally to go ahead and close the account. There was no attempt to transfer me to an account recovery specialist, no understanding of privacy; it was goodbye to the customer, full stop. This is a despicable bank. That must be the reason why so much official effort is being made online and elsewhere to portray Ally as "number one, " as if this bank is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well, it isn't really.

• Th
      Apr 18, 2016

every time I call Ally re: my end of lease, I get told something different. They are giving me a really hard time. They will not to tell me what
    the actual buyout price is, and keep saying there are fees and taxes that are added to the residual value, but can't or won't tell me what these fees are for. I also cannot understand them, they have heavy foreign accents and the phone connections are always bad!

Sep 01, 2018
    Ally - Customer Service
    Malaysia

I've just noticed my account are being suspended after a long period I did not use grab service and when i asking to appeal then being accusation with the reason of breached the term of passenger use which I did not done anything. Really disappointed with this kind of service.

• Kb
      Jan 22, 2019
    Ally Financial - Inquiry - Class Action

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

To anyone on here that has been victimized by this bank and wishing to be apart of a class action lawsuit please email me your intentions at Kirk.[protected]@yahoo.com. I intend to start this class action lawsuit as soon I acquire the mandatory 40 willing participants.

Jun 25, 2019
    Ally Financial - Service

I am already a customer (8 years). I have attempted to enroll my granddaughter over a week ago . I'm still waiting for approval . I called today...they placed me on hold...when they came back they could not hear me, even when I was shouting...they told me to call back. I am running out of patience!!!
    What or who do I contact to fix?

• Ca
      Jul 06, 2019
    Ally Financial - Ally auto financial

For some reason the first payment ..charged twice.. i called customer service and they told me that can be refunded in ten day..the told me to call on the 29th, but the 29 is today Saturday..??? They told me that I have to call for the refund process...
    Thank you!