Alltel / fraud and cheating

1 1198 Arredondo stNorth Port, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 941-240-8321

I received a letter from afni collections saying I owe on a cell phone I never had... they say it happened in jan of 2000, at the time I had a girlfriend nicole curry... she stole my social security # and my daughters birthdate to get one... I never starting using alltel until 2003 when i met my husband and even then I was not the primary, the phone was in his name. When i talked with alltel they said in feb of 2001 a woman called them and said i was in the hospital. (It was not me) I plan on going to the police about this as well...

Comments

26th of Aug, 2008

I received a phone call last night, 8-25-08, stating that I owe on an Alltel account that I have never had. The caller stated that the account was opened in October of 2002. During this time I was the victim of identity theft by a roommate who stole my credit cards and created over $900.00 debt in my name. A police report was filed and a fraud investigation was conducted. If this person also opened the Alltel account in my name he did so without my knowledge and could not possibly have been able to provide proof of his identify. I am contesting these charges and request an explanation as to why collection on this six year old account is just now being initiated. Something about this just doesn't sound right. Is someone attempting to collect fictitious debts under the guise of Alltel or is Alltel attempting to collect fictitious debts?

7th of Oct, 2008

I bought a battery from the N. Canton store for my razor phone about 3 wks ago. The service guy broke the clip to hold the battery in. He taped the phone together and sent me on my way even though I argued the phone was not damaged when i brought it into the store. I cannot charge my battery now. It loses the charge fast and I cannot recieve text or downloads due to this problem and I want the phone /problem fixed, is that too much to ask? I am very upset with this company's employees- they are always in the right is the impression they give to the customer!

• Al
      2nd of Mar, 2009

We transferred two lines to an existing Alltel account in Oct 07. One of the lines we bought a Wafer phone and purchased the equipment insurance as extra protection.

In May 08 the Wafer phone died. We returned it to the Alltel store. We were informed that it could not be repaired. Alltel then replaced the Wafer with a remanufactured flip phone that has no extra features and isn't even offered on Alltels sales floor (it is an older model no longer offered).

We told them at the time we bought the extra equipment insurance we were told the phone would be replaced with the same model or if the model was out of stock a current model with the same features. Alltel then resonded that a '3rd party' handled the equipment insurance and Alltel had no say in what phone they replaced the broken one with.

When we asked about sending the Wafer back to the manufacturer under the manufacturers warranty we were informed that we could do that but the turn time could be several months (with no guarantee that they could/would fix it because they may say it was abused) and during the wait no loner phone would be offered.

We asked to upgrade but Alltel told us we would have to pay full retail because we were still under contract.

We've decided to just pay the $200 extortion fee and go with another carrier. We decided to do this not only due to the poor customer service but the flat out lies told by their local sales people. Alltel sucks.