Allstate Insurance Company / auto insurance claim

I was recently involved in a fender bender with an Allstate policy holder, who was at fault. Due to a bent wheel my car was undrivable. It took Allstate 16 days to authorize the repair of my vehicle and authorize a rental car. Since Allstate would not authorize a rental car for 16 days, my auto insurance company helped me to secure a rental car until Allstate accepted responsibility and took over the rental car payments. Prior to renting a car, I called Allstate to inquire how much per day they would allow and was told " we can't give out that information". I then proceeded to rent a car for the amount allowed by my auto insurance. Today I learn that Allstate will only pay $23.50 per day and they are holding me responsible for the difference between what my insurance paid and their rate of $23.50 per day for the 16 day period that I have already had the rental car. I also have to trade in the current rental car for one that Allstate authorizes.
It should not take Allstate 16 days for a claim to be authorized, not supply the information I needed to secure a rental car and then hold me responsible for that lack of information. This entire process of dealing with Allstate has been unnecessarily difficult. Not once, when I called and left a message, has the insurance adjuster returned my phone call. When Allstate finally accepted liability for the claim, after more than two weeks, someone left a voicemail on my phone to say that they were in desperate need of speaking to me and threatened to terminate my rental car if I didn't call them immediately. ( I still have the voicemail).
My car finally went to the shop today for repairs. I'm sure that my difficulties with Allstate are not over.

• Updated by Happy Girl in NC, Aug 02, 2018

The saga continues. Three weeks ago today, I emailed the Allstate Corporate office to file a complaint about the rental car charge. The next day I received a reply from Maurice, a Customer Resolution Specialist, who promised to monitor my concern until he could confirm that I had been contacted by a claims partner. Two weeks went by and I heard from no one. I contacted Maurice to let him know that I had not been contacted by anyone from Allstate and would appreciate a reply. Another week has gone by and still no response from Maurice or anyone else concerning my complaint. Today I contact the North Carolina Insurance commission.

Ha
Jul 12, 2018

Comments

• Tr
      25th of Jul, 2018

I sympathize with you. I. Going through the SAME thing with Allstate. They are only approving my rental car daily, so daily I get a call from Enterprise saying my car rental has expired and my credit card will be charged. I’m sick of it. I returned the rental yesterday and have decided to WALK everywhere. It’s not worth the CONSTANThassle with these idots.

My claim rep at Allstate, Gilbert, NEVER calls me back and his voicemail says he will call back before the end of the day. I even left numerous voicemails for Gilbert’s boss, Rod...he never called me back either.

The place I took my car for repair said “Good luck” when I told them that Allstate was the insureds Insurance company. He really knew this would be a hassle. And he works for an “ Allstate Approved” facility. Pay attention Allstate. You’re losing.