[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car — stealing from customers with illegal charges
On April 19, 2017 I rented a car at Sanford international airport in Florida. Several days later I was glancing at my contract and noticed the contract was stamped "return empty". Since I did not authorize this charge I called your customer service department to report my concerns. I was told that they could not help me with that issue and I had to deal with it at the local branch. I told them that I did not want to do that and that I wanted to file a complaint during the call. At that point the phone agent hung up on me. Upon returning the car to the airport the Alamo employee who checked me out and asked me if I had any concerns.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Sanford, FLWhen I told him about this issue he became defensive and he stated that he didn't do it and it was not his problem. He the told me that If I had any concerns I needed to go talk to the manager.
I have two simple questions for Alamo car rental. Do your agents get commission for selling prepaid gas? Is it required to get the customers authorization for said charges? If the answer to these questions is yes this is tantamount to stealing. There are companies in the news right now that are facing serious fines and negative publicity because of this exact type of predatory behavior.
Alamo is stealing from customers with unauthorized charges. This problem is pervasive and they do not have adequate controls in place to prevent this illegal activity or a willingness to address the issue. Beware!
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response · May 02, 2017
We’ve noted your comments and we would like to have the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please send us a detailed email to [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
More Alamo Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental Cincinnati - charging my car extra 
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - alamo at copenhagen airport - lost iphone
- Alamo - extra charge from ec vehicle rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car hire in anaheim 
- Alamo Car Rental - driver hinting for tips