Alamo / auto damage claim scam

1 Honolulu, HI, United States Review updated:

Watch out for this car rental. I rented a car for one day from this location and was deliever the car where the guy ran around the car and hand me the rental papers and told me "Your good to go" and ran off. Upon returning the car the next day, the girl checking the car in walked directly to the left rear bumper and said there was a scratch on the bumper. She marked the paper and told me to go inside to the office to file a damage report. The representative at the counter said they would check into prior incidents on this car since there was no way this scratch could've happen with me driving home and back. I never recieve a call back. I called twice more to inquire about status and both representative said they would check into the incident and call back. Never happened. I get a letter in the mail indicating the claim against me for the damage. Upon calling their Insurance rep. back they told me the damage was on the right rear bumper. When I ask about prior incidents, she said it was checked already and there was no incident reported. I still have the signed paper by the check in person indicating the left rear bumper scratch. I have requested photos and repair documents from Alamo, but I won't hold my breath on that.

He

Comments

19th of Sep, 2008

I rented a car from Alamo from 9/3/08-9/11/08. I had the work experience ever! They are owned by Enterprise but not close to as good! They didn't say anything about checking for damage on the car at all. I drove the car away and when I got to my location I noticed damage to the car and called them. I talked with the manager at the Tampa Florida airport. She said I will not be charged anything. I brought the car back the guy checking it in noted the damage. I went inside the lady said I won't be charged anything. Well now I'm back home in Oregon where I receive a letter today saying there trying to charge me for the damage! I will never rent from Alamo again!

• Be
      10th of Apr, 2010

Yes, just got a letter today saying I owe them $750 for supposed damages to the front bumper. Needless to say, there was none when I returned the car. We rented from Alamo in Kona 3/6/10 till 3/15/10. I thought we had a great price, $215.00 total and even tho the lady at the front counter was very pushy about upgrades and insurance, I politely turned her down. Hell I traveled all day to get there and was exhausted but happy to start my vacation in Hawaii (she wasn't gonna bring me down). The girl that brought us the car even gave us a free upgrade on the car after we turned down the lady at the ticket counter. We were really happy with everything and we did document all scartches and problems with the car. When we returned it the guy said everything looked great. Well I just got a letter today stating all these bogus charges. Its Saturday 4/10 and will not be able to reach them until Monday so I'll be sitting on this all weekend. If anyone has any advise on what to tell them would be helpful. My mother lives in Kona and could go down to get pictures of the car for me becuase I guarentee they never fixed anything. I probably won't check this forum again but my email is queeninga@yahoo.com

• Cn
      5th of Jan, 2015

I made a reservation 3 months ago and everything was all paid off. All I have to do is pick it up, But it didn't happened my family and I waited for like an hour. And they told us that they cant help us yet and that there's few people ahead of us. First of all they know my family was on the heat! we could've had het stroke were not from Hawaii, second of all my daughter has asthma and we explained to them 2 or 3 more times. Our request was ignored and they continue to do what they were all doing. This people are inconsiderate and unorganized!! people are getting upset! All we hear is just wait!! NEVER AGAIN will I ever rent from this Company.. Bad company.